SAU Community

R33 Show Car

Skyracer [SE]

The install looks realy great... but

How do you change the bulbs? have you got pull out pannels etc??

Thanks Dean

Change what bulbs? The rear lights? Well the trunk is made up by sections, so the section covering the rear of the trunk can be removed to display the rear bulb holders.

I dont know what you mean about "pull out pannels etc"? ;)

Regards

Håkan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so where do you carry your spare wheel now !!!! lol

mate the peach coloured skyline beside your car at the show, if ya know him i love to get that colour code of him , its awesome

your set up rocks to , gives me some food for thought......

To ALL,

I didnt do it at the time of our stereo install,however i came up with the idea after and one of the lads in our club did it to his '33 prior to fitting up his install.Got you wondering what i'm talking about?The idea is so simple and not too much harder to achieve-------cut out the spare wheel well in your boot turn it upside down and reweld it back in place.Took a couple of lazy hours to complete on a sunday.You still have ample space for a serious install and can fit a space saver under the car for your long cruises and interstate trips.

Regards,

SKYLINE (Kym)... :headspin:

spare wheel lol, who cares that tiny 125 thing would probably be more dangerous id rather tow the car if it was that bad, i ditched mine when i put the 19s on there and since my install has no room for a spare at all...

ben...

Just wondering how you went installing the Pioneer AVH head unit. I got mine installed but in the skyline the oustide bracket/cover/plate doesn't seem to fit very well. I shaved down the sides so now it slips in & the top can clip in but it looks like the bottom is a bit low now too. So only the top seems to clip in.

Just wondering how you went :P

Cheers,

Penfold

• 2 months later...

Im sorry I dont have any buildpics from the head-unit install. But all I can say is that it sticks out a bit, I will try to take a good picture of how it looks more in detail.

Regards

Håkan

• 2 weeks later...

got a few questions for ya mate first off

what did they use to mold the carpet is it fiber glass or plaster

how did they get the mold out once was dry did they just cut out the few sections and pulled it out cause i thought it would have been screwed down did you have to get the screws out as first and how hard was that

was is hard to cut the sections out with out damaging anything under neath

i ask because im about to atemp this myself very soon and it seems like the best way to do it but i basicaly need to know what was it molded with and how did you get it out of the boot once was dry thanks

Thanks.

The system is built for quality sound (but I did a test with just the trunk subs, measuring inside the coupé of 129 db). Now the back seat has gone and it is playing alot louder, not measured though, but it sounds great!

/Håkan

got a few questions for ya mate first off

what did they use to mold the carpet is it fiber glass or plaster

how did they get the mold out once was dry did they just cut out the few sections and pulled it out cause i thought it would have been screwed down did you have to get the screws out as first and how hard was that

was is hard to cut the sections out with out damaging anything under neath

i ask because im about to atemp this myself very soon and it seems like the best way to do it but i basicaly need to know what was it molded with and how did you get it out of the boot once was dry thanks

First wood, then fiberglass and then glue to hold the carpet against the shape of the fiberglass.

The sections were made separately and placed and screwed together, so it is easy to remove for service/update.

/Håkan