SAU Community

R33 Show Car

Skyracer [SE]

good stuff, goin for SQ instead of DB takes gutz, i admire you, anyone can through out some db but goin SQ thats tough .. It costs alot of cash and a very good installer with a good ear to setup a SQ car .. Keep it up

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, yes, the whole point of the sound in the car was to have one of the best sounding Skyline-stereos in the world. And I think my car is pretty damn close to being among the top 10, not that I have listened or seen anything like this in a Skyline. :)

To reach good sound quality and power I have so far in my car:

Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD Headunit

Pioneer DEQ-P6600 Digital Sound Processor

Xbox

Rockford Fosgate 12" subs x 2 (trunk)

Rockford Fosgate 10" subs x 2 (backseat)

Rockford Fosgate 6.5" system x6 (front with 4 tweeters, back, trunk)

Rockford Fosgate Amps x 3

Tudor Maxxima DC 900 battery

Rockford Fosgate Condensator

30A power charger

Extra monitors in trunk and sunscreen

/Håkan

Thanks, yes, the whole point of the sound in the car was to have one of the best sounding Skyline-stereos in the world. And I think my car is pretty damn close to being among the top 10, not that I have listened or seen anything like this in a Skyline. :)

To reach good sound quality and power I have so far in my car:

Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD Headunit

Pioneer DEQ-P6600 Digital Sound Processor

Xbox

Rockford Fosgate 12" subs x 2 (trunk)

Rockford Fosgate 10" subs x 2 (backseat)

Rockford Fosgate 6.5" system x6 (front with 4 tweeters, back, trunk)

Rockford Fosgate Amps x 3

Tudor Maxxima DC 900 battery

Rockford Fosgate Condensator

30A power charger

Extra monitors in trunk and sunscreen

/Håkan

stereo came up good... carpet mould was done well...

may i ask why you used the pioneer deck and not the eclipse or alpine... im not being biast as mine is eclipse... just curious

• 3 months later...

I have now upgraded the car with a Pioneer Sound Processor so now the car setup looks like this:

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD

Sound Processor: Pioneer DEQ-P7000

Multimedia/gaming: Xbox

Speakers Front: Rockford P162S - (6.5" kit dubbla diskanter)

Speakers Back: Rockford HPC2205 - (5.25" 2-Way Coaxial)

Speakers Trunk: Rockford FRC4306 - (6.5" 3-Way Coaxial)

Subs trunk x 2: Rockford P312D2 - 12" (Dubbla talspolar 2 x 2 ohm)

Subs back x 2: Rockford P210S4 - 10" (4 ohm)

Amp Front: Rockford P2002 (2 x 50W 4 ohm)

Amp for subs back: Rockford P2002 (2 x 50W 4 ohm)

Amp for subs trunk: Pockford P6002 (2 x 300W 2 ohm)

Battery: Tudor Maxxima 900 DC

Built in charger 220V: >30A

Digital condensator: Rockford CPCD1003 (1 farad, ESR 1.5 milli-ohm)

Converter 12V/220V for Xbox: Autoleads AVPIPS2

Monitor head unit: 6.5"

Monitor sun visor: BRL 7"

Monitor trunk: Pyle 13"

Adaptors: Autoleads

Connections: Rockford

Cables: GAS

Plexi glass trunk: Design P. (Rockford Logo)

Plexi glass back: Design P. (Skull)

Diods, lights, strobes: Lightz (Front, Xbox, all amps, skull, trunk)

I think that's it... ;)

/Håkan

• 2 weeks later...

Mate sweet as set-up.

guys u gotta hear one of these set-ups. i was out alst nite with a few mates crusin round and one of them has a complete Rockford-Fosgate set-up, pretty much the same as yours and the sound quality i phenominal! I mean u can stand outside and have the car going past and u can hear everysingle word so clear its not funny!

The quality when its really crankin some big soundlevel is exactly the same.

If i has the money i would definately be getting a Rockford-Fosgate install!

When are you going to start work on the rest of the car???

The stereo is mean but the front seats could use a retrim and some hectic mags wouldnt go astray !!!

Umm as for sound deadening what have you done? ... i have two JL 12in subs squeesing out somewhere around the 130dB mark my car from outside sound like its farting and everything shakes and rattles you got the same prob with your setup???

If you dont what did you do to fix it???

Rest of the car? Well, everything one step at a time. I changed color on rims and now starting to tune, I have ordered HKS blow valve and Blitz intake.

Im sure the chairs will change, but still looking for best price and wont buy until I find really what I want (or find sponsor :) )

Actually I havent done any deadening at all, the car is very tight and I have no metall rattling when standing and listening outside. :huh:

/Håkan

now THAT is a sound system :P thats what i wanna do to my car when i get more money, i just spent 2 gran on new rims lol, so it may be awhile, atm im runnin a pioneer p9650mp headunit, 10cm pioneers in the doors and pioneer 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf, i also wanna get a pioneer dvd player to replace the lil try thing we put in above the headunit, and as for the boot.... :D

major plans, sub wise i wanna get these awsome new blankpaut 12" subs, they have like a lil blue led running around them and stuff, they look sweet, dunno what else yet, i'll have to consult this thread when the money comes in :D

now THAT is a sound system  :P  thats what i wanna do to my car when i get more money, i just spent 2 gran on new rims lol, so it may be awhile, atm im runnin a pioneer p9650mp headunit, 10cm pioneers in the doors and pioneer 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf, i also wanna get a pioneer dvd player to replace the lil try thing we put in above the headunit, and as for the boot....  :D

major plans, sub wise i wanna get these awsome new blankpaut 12" subs, they have like a lil blue led running around them and stuff, they look sweet, dunno what else yet, i'll have to consult this thread when the money comes in  :D

got a pic of ur head unit install? i'm curious to know wether or not the head unit can be put in the top slot instead of the bottom, as i rekin the tray looks better below the HU....the R33 i might be buying, i'll replace the HU it has asap, as its Mini disc, and it just has a hole above it, where a controller of some type used to be...

where did you get the tray ?

nah soz dude i dont, the trays comin out but to make way for a dvd player :P

ummm just go to a nissan dealership, and say you want a tray from the center console bit from a 99 pulsar, i think thats what it was i dont rember now, but yeah find a thread on here about "nstalling a headunit in an R33" coz thats where i got all the info from