SAU Community

Do you drive with your fog lights on?

Terreto

Nothing shits me more than having some wanker behind me, or coming the other way, with foglights on... it barely ever gets foggy in brisbane, so whats the bloody point!?

It is not as bad as people who drive with their high beam on...nothing beats 4 wheel drivers with high beam on.

In NSW it is an on the spot fine to drive with them on.

I've had a few cars with them and rarely used them but it was just the "look at me" wankers in WRX's that always had them....then the floggers in HSV's got them so now it appears COOL to keep them on and dazzle oncoming drivers. R34GTR's also have a really bad rear red light when the foggies are on and it is a pain to follow them.

Arrrgghh.

Following people in Sydney traffic who insist on driving with their SUN bright fogs on drives me up the wall. I should just tail them with my high beams on!

Or...

Maybe I should rig up my own 300W ones so can be cool as well.

I can't stand the wankers who put them on unncessarily.

They don't seem to understand that light is cumulative. None of the 4 lights might be very bright but together it's too much. Don't forget when they test your low beam it's not to see if it's bright enough it's to see if it's dim enough not to dazzle.

Sux!!! Seems like every new car that comes out has driving lights fitted and I personally can see the use of them at all... Sure the road looks brighter... but it's not like you need them... You might if you live in the country though, to see potholes and whatnot.

Rant;

And for the guys (honda and excel drivers of Geelong) who are fitting them to any old piece of shit to make them look good... what a pack of wankers!

fog lights, high beams and rear spot light shit me to tears.... I wish the Police would pick on people using them instead of picking on people who have BOV's and pod filters.... my eyes arent the best at night as it is and it only makes it worse having these dicks tailing you.....

It's only Snowmans unreliable piece of crap :D but after a long day then following him to Phillip Island where a fair distance has no street lights the rear light is just cruel. Thank god he turned it off....with a little "...it wasn't bothering me..."

are we talking about driving with fog lights on all day (ie volvo-style?) or just at night when your headlights are on anyway?

well it seems as though i will get flamed for saying this...

but i drive with mine on when its night as the stock r32 headlights SUCK ASS and i need the extra brightness... they aren't yellow though so its not illegal to do so.

Waz.

friend of mine got pulled up in perth in his vy ss ute for having low beams and fogs on and the cop warned him not to do it as it is an offence and you can be fined and have 3 demerit points taken from you. but also said that if you wanna drive with fogs on you are only allowed to have parking lamps on at same time. this made no sense to me as its just another wanky thing that people who drive new fords and holdens will do to show off.

mcnamg, While it is true you can have you fogs on with your parks, this only goes for foggy conditions. There are no occasions where you can drive with normal light plus foglights, even if it is foggy. Makes no sense to me, but that's the way they enforce the rules:(