SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89 GTR under 15yr rule.

Faxed it through on morning of 01 Nov. Received today. 9 working days to process then postage. Well it's actually very nice that one facet of this process has been quite painless!

Now, if the car would only get itself onto a boat...

Mark

Duncan: they're pretty much all 15 year cars..

Its seems actually fairly consistent, anywhere from 10-20 days seems to be the average. Few seem to be way long, but they are very much the exception and I have a feeling something funny was happening with them (got lost, funny car, incorrect details provided, etc).. or maybe they go into further detail with every nth car?

i think it's worth giving them a call now and then to make sure they have received it (then u get a reference number). Just to make sure it hasn't gotten lost.

I called them and they told me that the copy of my ID hadn't come through the fax right and they sent me a fax about it a few days ago. It actually went to j-spec because i had nominated them as my agent - (nice of them to tell me about it!!! but oh well)

Oh another thing, when i spoke to dotars, i mentioned that the money had come out of my credit card, and they said that that doesn't necessarily mean your approval is in the mail. If there is a problem, they'll take the $$$ out regardless.

mine arrived today actually.. nearly 4 months exactly from initial payment to delivery in my driveway.. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=1099298

Hmm, i wonder if yours Godzilla32 was the one on the same truck.. there was a grey r32 on the same car carrier that dropped off my car.. Never know, maybe he was on his way to VIC ? would make sense timing wise if he left today..