SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

the contact details is on the last page of the import approval doc u fill out.

They actually say on the answering machine thingo when you call that 'unnecessary enquirys may delay issuing your import approval' .

Not sure what to take of that, what do they do when you call them? put your approval on the bottom of the pile???

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah just received my IA as well on monday.. faxed it thru on the afternoon of the 31st of September. so taking around 3 weeks to get here. been waiting to send that since Feb this year.. long wait coming to a end

I got my approval, contacted J-spec and was told basically. "Fux knows when it will get on a boat. They're all full." :hellpisd:

Oh joy, gonna be like last year when I finally picked up my 33 on Xmas eve, 17 weeks after I bought it in Japan. :boohoo:

ok so is there only one shipping company that comes to aus?

I just faxed mine in this morning (twice to make sure) and at lunch am going down to get an express post bag so they have the originals of my doco

man I was hoping to drive the f#$^*( thing before xmas. this was my present to myself :D

mark

mark, i'm in the same boat.

Give dotars a call (the number is on your import approval paperwork) and make sure they have received it, ask them how long it should take.

Tell your supplier in japan to find out when the next ship leaves that has space on it. There is a ship leaving early December, im trying to get my car booked on that, even though i don't have the approval yet.

Faxing is definately quicker at the moment.

I sent my application express post on 29/9 and received it today 1/11

As for shipping apparently up to 85% of car carrying ships is allocated to new cars atm

and everyones trying to get a space.

You do have the option of putting a car in a container as they leave weekly instead of at

the end of the month,but this will add at least a k to the cost.

Btw next ship to dock in freo is the Arcadia Hwy

13th NOV

well i just got an email from Geoff and he said that only 2 out of the 5 cars he had booked on the ship made it onboard.

the 3 were bumped off. he'll let us know who made it and who didnt. knowing my luck, mine will be sitting on the docks. :(

he also said that the next boat will be 4 weeks away.

steve

hope thats not the case steve

I have emailed craig this morning, I got my IA faxed through to dotars yesterday morning at 7am

then sent the originals xpress post for arrival today

I don't know how long the form takes, but I assume if they could get it on the next boat (like they were trying I beleive) then the form would be back to me before the car arrives