SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

I got the news mine was bumped and missed the November Ship.

I decided to bump mine to the January, December is a shocking month to have an import come in. Warfys are on go slows and compliance workshops are half closed.

I got caught last time I had a car import two years ago.

The import duties are dropping next year so I should save myself a few hundred bucks.

Cheers

Sorry to hear dood

So lets see delivbery into Perth early December. Allow a week to clear customs and steam clean it. Now thats mid December

Deliver to w/shop and let it sit in there for three to four weeks allowing for holidays over Chrismas and newyear.

Rego.

My guess is Early to mid Jan before you see it on the road.

PS Make sure the work shops are ready to work on your car

Cheers :wassup:

I varys who is getting the car on the boat for you and where it leaves from as I had a Supra bought up in Tokyo last week and it left on the boat a couple of days ago, he is Japanese and we had to pre pay the freight.

I have cars leaving down in Kyushu and could only get one on the boat out of three and the one that got priority we paid for it 2 months ago.

K Line over booked new cars and we were going to get nothing on the boat until a few people called K line in Fremantle so they called Japan and pushed to get some cars on.

Imported second hand cars are a low priority, some of the big time guys who do 50 to 100 cars a month cant even get space.

Well good news for me I guess is that I just found out that my car is currently on a Kiwicar ship over here.. :) Its been a wait of about 2 months since it was eligible to when it was shipped, but should be here in about 2-3 weeks I guess. On road 2-3 weeks after that hopefully.

I like the little dot on the map they have to show where the ship is exactly :)

the r33? sold that about 4 months ago...the suspension setup was never really that great and a few others things on it needed changing, and was getting bored with it anyhow. Want a cheaper chasis to setup everything exactly how I want it - fresh start!

Hey guys just thought id let you know i sent my import approval off over 2 weeks prior to november, month my GTR was built (as instructed by geoff) and i just got the approval in the mail today. I was pretty relieved :rofl: