SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to cry if mine doesn't make it on to the ship that is arriving in december, I will speak to the shop today and find out how thye work over the december period and stuff

WHY IS NOTHING EVER EASY! god damn new cars, aren't the lots full! I drive past and think they can't have sold anything as there isn't anymore space to put cars on the lots

mark

(sorry, getting quite upset now as I wanted to drive it by xmas, it was my present to myself this year)

Guys

I imported a Soarer around Christmas 2 years ago and had heaps of probs including the Front whee falling off. The tyre joint stuffed up the front wheel nuts and it came off whilst on the way to the exhaust shop.

They ended up paying for all the repairs :D but it took 7 weeks to see the car on the road.

I m now in the process of importing a R32 GTST Type M and its missed the boat. :boohoo:

Oh well its to be expected. You would have thought I would have learnt the first time.

Cheers

They would be silly to close at that time with the amount of 15 year cars coming in at the moment. They'd only be doing themselves out of heavy business.

There would be thousands sitting over there in Japan, and that have recently landed.

Hello To you all, heres my update.. some 6 pages ago and back on 1/8 i was trying to find out times on import approval everyone saying 4-6 weeks.. well Guess what today was my lucky day! Finally.. ive been allowed to import a August 89 Gtr32 in November! There getting quick these days! Well that aint so sacastic for you all.. 14 days and longest like a month! :) oh i cant whinge about that.. i can only whinge about not driving it now.. and paying the holding fees at the docks!! Enough from me.. but i guess if someone asks me if it was worth importing affter my first drive which should be next week i guess ill say hell yeah but now, i should of just brought one here!

Hey guys, i sent my import approval off about 2 weeks before the correct month and i got it back in record time. The thing to consider is that the time it takes to receive back your approval is mostly taken up by the application waiting to be processed. It only takes then a few minutes to process it. So i received my approval back in excellent time and was very happy. Since then, earlier this week i heard that my car was landing today in brisbane (KIWI carrier). I wasent even aware it had gotton on board a ship! So that was very exciting. The car will be trucked down to me in Melbourne to my door after it passes thru customs and quarantine. So it should be in my hands in about 2 weeks max! Very excited. I've never even driven a GTR lol. I have had a fair bit of experience driving high powered turbo cars but never a GTR. Im sure it wont let me down :D

what agent did you use GODZILLA32??

I wasent going to use a Customs agent as my friend has imported alot of cars himself, but in the end when the lady called i think from KIWI car carriers i decided to just let them handle it all and be done with it. You can call the people im using on 03 9614 8100. Ask for Nicki Groves.