SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

Prestige didnt mention anything about not sending the application off before the build month had come along. I have checked all paperwork carefully and there is no mention of it.

Maybe he has changed it, or you can't read.. but that is mine clearly said not to send it in before the build date.. I put mine in the post the day before, and got mine back on about 20 days after sending it off. Now just waiting on some small thing like the car itself..

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R32 is due for import this month. I had all the docs ready to mail off on october 1. But geoff from prestige emailed me and said i could fax them off early(think it was about 25 september) so i rang dotars and asked firstly could i fax it, they said that was fine, then i asked them if i could send it early and the lady said there is no problem with that too. So i faxed it off in september then rang dotars a couple of days later to make sure they had recieved it.

My import approval arrived in the mail a couple of days ago(approx 17 business days from when i faxed it)

So i'm sure if you send it off a little earlier there is no problem, i wouldn't risk sending it off months earlier as may get 'lost'

Now i gotta get the dam thing on a ship, geoff said he was having it booked on the next available ship(that was about 5 weeks ago) spoke to him the other day and he has not recieved the schedule from the supplier yet so who knows whats happening.

is that right due to leave on the 28th of october, that means wont arrive til mid november. that sucks, sold my car the other day thinking it shouldn't be too much longer, looks like i'm walking for another month or so :/

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since we're talking about shipping...

The duty/tariff reduces to 10% on 01 Jan 05 - is that calculated on the day the vehicle arrives or when it is released and charges paid?

Reason I ask is because I was expecting to have the car on the 28 Oct vessel, and if it slides to the end of November, might as well wait a touch longer and save $700 or whatever the 5% difference is.

Can anyone shed light here?

Mark

PS If the answer is readily avbl on the customs site, I apologise, right now I cbf looking through it again.

sent mine off today, yeah!!!

Car is November 1989 build.

I gave them a call because i had another question, and explained that i had it all filled out and was waiting till november 01 to send it through.

She told me to send it today, because they are fairly far behind processing that my application won't get touched for at least a week.

I asked if it's better to fax it or mail it. She said faxed ones are heaps better than express post.

So, i hung up and walked to the fax machine.... bam. The cover sheet said something like "i know it's ment to be sent on 1st of november, but person xxx from your office said it was ok to send it today"

I gave them a call back and managed to get the same person on the phone who remembered me. I said that i faxed it a while ago and could she please check to see if it had arrived ok. - puts me on hold and goes and check. "Yeah, it arrived fine, thanks for that, it should be 20 days from today, so around the 15th november. Here is a reference number if you need to query anything"

Im going to give them another call in a week to make sure they haven't lost anything, then i'll give them another call closer to the date it should be arriving.

I figure if i keep hounding them, it makes sure everything is ticking along and it doesn't get lost along the way...

I'd suggest for anyone who is waiting for november to tick over to send it through now, and fax it (or you can call them and ask if it's ok). A followup call never goes astray either to make sure they've got it all.