SAU Community

EPA Inspection

Komet

I was driving home one night and the cops pulled me over and his excuse was that he heard my BOV.

He took photos of my exhaust, BOV and filter.

Today i received a letter from the EPA to take my car in for inspection.

Before my car is inspected I have to put my stock exhaust, filter and BOV back on.

Not Happy.

Did anyone else experience this??

Cheers

As long as you pass the noise level of 90dba your exhaust should be fine as long as you are running a cat. Get rid of the BOV if it is external. Also, you are allowed 1 mod to your intake, so if you have a air pod and not an aftermarket intercooler you should be fine.

Well thats my experience anyway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Rb26 has gone in to a gt 4 r34 model
    • Hi can anyone shed some light, pin 104 and 106 from rb26 ecu is not connected is this important? If so will i need the fpcm and wire this in?    car runs but lumpy and sparks plugs getting really black soot on them. Fueling issues by looks of it have t attached these 2 wires as dont know where it goes?  
    • Eating... at least I hope so cos I just ate one! 🤣 It's peanuts and rice crisps
    • I bought the car like this, but the previous owner installed a on/off switch on the dash to turn on the AC compressor. I believe this switch is wired to the engine bays fuse panel. When i switch the AC compressor on, i feel it dragging the engine and it makes a grinding noise. My question is, should i have the AC compressor rebuilt? is that a possibility? or should i buy a new one?
    • Anytime I still have a small amount of new oil left after an oil change on one of our cars, I dump it into a container. It's a concoction of different weights that I like to believe evens out to a 10W-30. I do an oil change every year on both my tractor and mower using that oil. Mower is at least 12 years old, and my tractor is about 5 and sat 2 weeks under 10 feet of water. Both still run great!