SAU Community

hks sequential bov

letemlaf

hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has a hks sequential bov?

mine really flutters, alot and i pulled it apart. i think the spring is facing the wrong way. my standard bov pushes open (toward the exit) so the air can escape. the hks' spring pushes away from the exit and i dont see how it works like this.

is this right?

thanks!

Yeh thats how they work the valve goes in and not out.

Tighten it up by un-tightening the black screw head closes to the blow off valve as a lock then using a spanner or socket tighten the one furthest away, make sure it goes in and not out. the re tighten the other one back up to lock it.

This will make it hard to open the valve under boost pressure and it will make a psshhtt in stead of flutter.

i believe this topic has been covered before so feel free to search...

besides from memory doesnt the hks valve you are referring to have two valve thingis (a smaller one and a larger one that only opens under heavy boost). I also read somwhere that these do flutter under light load so it is normal.

sorry sky, i took a damn good look but mainly found people trying to sell them.

as far as i can tell there is only 1 outlet.

a spring up the top covered by a rubber seal, then at the side the inlet for the gas from the piping, then down below 1 piston covering the outlet (spring moves inwards)

ok i just tightened the top screw as much as possible and took it for a drive, the bov seems to be working much better than before (more of a refined flutter). even at high rpm it still flutters. sounds great but is this bad for the turbo? is a fluttering turbo bad like the flutter from the air hitting the turbo and comming out of the pod?

The air shouldnt be going back through the turbo if you have a bov, Inless you have the bov too tight or its blocked some how ? the the hole purpose of a bov is to stop the air going back through the turbo, which can cause lag between gear shifts.

So i'm not to sure whats happening here. Is the BOV making a high pitch noise after letting the throttle off at high rpm ?

HKS bov is a pull type not a push type. This way it can handle more boost and doesnt leek under highpressure vacumm like other BOV's

think i got that the right way around but ya know what i mean :cheers:

I have a Monza SSQ, (i know its cheap, but dont laugh, it came with my car :rant: ) anyhow... it has a very similar design... and i was having a look at it last night...

and when i cover the outlet of the bov with the palm of my hand it tries to suck my hand in, like i can feel it suck my hand...

Is this bad. is my bov leaking? i dont really see how it can affect much as i guess it would be different if it were to be blowing while i rev it... as then it would be leaking boost. but if its sucking. is that bad?

i have nfi :)

Cheers guys.

and when i cover the outlet of the bov with the palm of my hand it tries to suck my hand in, like i can feel it suck my hand...

Is this bad. is my bov leaking? i dont really see how it can affect much as i guess it would be different if it were to be blowing while i rev it... as then it would be leaking boost. but if its sucking. is that bad?

All this talk of sucking and blowing!

Gotta Go!

?????