SAU Community

SAU - We want your parts!

pentae

Hey Guys,

I hope Kristian doesnt get mad at me: we do intend on sponsoring SAU in the future and you can hold me to that!

I am opening up Australias first decent auto parts site.

http://www.easyautobits.com/

It hasnt officially gone 'live' yet, and this forum being my frequent hangout is the first to know about it.

I would *REALLY* appreciate any feedback, suggestions or comments on the site as it stands at this point, and you can email me here: [email protected]

or chat to me about it on ICQ 4969303.

Of course, if you do have any old parts in your garage (I'm sure that is all of you) please please please register and start adding some parts! This site will be great and it will always be free to advertise car parts.

It still requires a few small tweaks, so while we do that any suggestions, comments or constructive critisism will be taken very seriously.

Above all else let me know what you think and i'd really appreciate SAUs support. And if you like the site, tell your mates! :mad:

I'm posting hopefully constructive criticsm here, so don't take it the wrong way.. but I think it maybe looks a bit like those pot-hole sites, where you go to type in address and it takes you to the wrong place with fake advertising. Think it could just be the colours and things - if you modify the templates around that shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that seems to be a good idea.

predator: Yeah, we're rallying together a few different suppliers and will start getting more item listings in there. Once thats sorted and its fleshed out the site will look a lot better. As it currently sits the sites been up and functioning properly for less than 24 hours, so its interesting times ahead. Thanks for the input mate! :D

funkymonkey: Hell yeah! Bring it on.. give J-spec my contact details i'll make sure it all goes smoothly for them.

Essential: Personally i'd love to see guys start listing some skyline bits and peices. You can add your panels into the Exterior Body -> Replacement Panels section :D

The only issue might be convincing people to post their parts on there, rather than places such as this. In a way though its good to have a wide range of different parts, not just skyline parts, as many are transferrable.

I've always found some good deals on a range of other sites, in fact some of the best deals i have found for rims, bits and pieces have been elsewhere :D

Wish you best and I think we have got right on track.

but other hand What can you do to prevent Members getting ripped off?

even they are known/unkown as bad trade?? or mis-understanding buyer and seller....etc.

as you said site looks like free pop up site.... OFFER FREE FAST BITS!!! LOL, I am no expert but I think just twicking on colour scheme would help. IMHO

cheers

Glue

Hey Pva_Glue,

Good question, and thanks for the encouragement. We're currently writing some 'Reputation System' code, where sellers will have positive/negative feedback posted against their name. This will be implemented within the next few weeks.

We're considering toning down the sites colour scheme. :rofl:

some feedback on the site - i notice the stock list pages for the cateogories (eg exhausts: http://www.easyautobits.com/index.php?cati...et_add_ad_cat=0) have the full sized picture as the small preview, and this takes a bit of loading, some pages coming in around 500kb in total, which is a bit much. if ur able to make thumbnails (there may be some php script or something that can generate them, i have no idea) and get the size down thatd be good.

also the colour scheme looks, i dunno, typical of those random web portal popup sites u get often when running thru the net (i cant surf, so running it is), although i dont have a suggestion as to a better colour scheme

Removed the mustard yellow due to popular demand!

We're working on making thumbnails but have put a lot of focus on getting the site up and operating properly.

It's good to see so many skyline guys listing there parts there.. Infact I think the Skyline r33 is currently the winner for most parts!!! :D

Thanks for everyones support :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank SAU, the club, everyone and its owners for showing your support on the site.

In less than two weeks we have gone from a handful of parts and we're about to break 300.. which, even for a free site isnt bad.

Hopefully we will have thousands of parts soon as the site becomes more "interesting" as we collect more parts and users.. we are going to be advertising in unique cars next issue or the issue after, so if you do have any parts left to sell now is the time to put them on there :P

I am still open for any comments or questions, as they have been great.

Thanks again guys.