SAU Community

do you have to cut the front bar of r33 mspec to fit Front Mount I/C

bygrave316

I am looking into getting a front mount I/C for my r33 m spec and I want to know do I have to cut any of my front bar to make one fit,

Also suggestions on what type to get and if front the front bar needs to be cut for the type.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

i had mine just trimmed at the back side to give enough clearance for the fmic. from a far that'll make my car look 100% stock. air flow wise won't be a majro issue for a low boost application.

I like the look of the front bar as it is and yeah I am wanting to keep it looking as stock as posiable,

not going to be running huge boost so I dont need to get heeps of air flow,

so what is going to be the better brand to go with?

and around what size?

as was said the back side of the bar needs to be trimmed a little for the thing to fit, but the front should be fine. it should show you what needs to be done in the instruction booklet for and r33 i/c kit such as taking off the stock cooler and trimming what needs to be trimmed and so on and so forth. i have a greedy v-spl and that kit is only for midly modded cars so it (or a similar kit) would be ideal for you i suppose. dimensions are 600x276x76

Also, with a gtr style front bar such as the ones from UAS, it wouldnt need to be trimmed on the backside for the above cooler to fit would it?? i thought the std gtr coolers were about the same size so it should be ok right?