SAU Community

Yahoo Auctions

Essential

i recomend you just save and buy one that is already here, it is way too risky and to be honest is a huge headf***. I dont trust any of the companies setup here in aus either!! too many bad experiences.
You can't trust any of the companies setup in Japan either... from top to bottom and unless you pay way more than what you think the cars worth... you'll get ripped off.

They have some good cheap parts there, i know you'll probably have to cater for additional expenses.

For parts: you looking at agents fee (10-20%), auction fee (3%), shipping, and possibly customs/duties on top of the purchase price. Keep in mind that just like any other auction site, price stay low until about 10 minutes before the auction closes and people start bidding like crazy :thumbsup:

I wouldn't buy a car from a company of Yahoo Auctions personally: if it was a private sale I wouldn't have quite the same reservations. There are usually a ton of examples of whatever car your after through the standard auctions or car yards, so why take the risk?

Parts, on the other hand, I think are less risky, they I would still have a strong preference for buying from private sellers rather than businesses.

LW.

Is there a similar service to ebay in Japan where you buy from a private service then?

Personally im looking at some HKS Turbos, they seem to reasonably priced.

Is there a similar service to ebay in Japan where you buy from a private service then?

Personally im looking at some HKS Turbos, they seem to reasonably priced.

Ebay is the same as Yahoo: both have a mixture of private and business sellers. :confused:

For the record, there is no Ebay proper in Japan. Yahoo JP is the biggest site, particularly for car parts. http://www.bidders.co.jp/ is probably #2, but its car section is fairly weak. MSN and Excite also have a combined auction site (but its worse again).

LW.