SAU Community

RB20DET modification guidelines....

kursed

well you guys are always whoring on my threads. :cheers: :jk:

KURSED: are u using this car as a drifter or as a 1/4 mile car?

Because if your expecting good times on this Tank of a car. be very shocked. :rant: .. at 1450kgs its not going to go anywhere very quick.

But i have been known to go around corners sidewayz very quick oH say at 80km/h. LOL

The mods depends on what u want to do with the car.

For drift: get a bleed valave and an oil cooler and fmic. Then bobs your uncle dirft machine setup. Oh and also u need coilovers and diff.

1/4. I guess same setup as any of the other threads will have one for a rb20.

See most guys from what i have known buy the ceffy more for a drift car than anything else. I know i did. Otherwise i would have got a rotor an done a 12 sec pass standard.

I have absolutely no idea why that skyline stuff started appearing mid thread--- very odd.

to clarify, the cef will be used for neither drifting or strip, it is purely a daily driver.

I want a bit more power out of it - mind you i was stoked with the power and acceleration when i got the car a few weeks back, then i got used to it and now I want more. I'm sure most of you know exactly how this feels.

ok so I am off to find a

- boost gauge

- bleed valve

- air pod

and I will be having a chat with someone about the remapping of the ECU once this is done....

I have absolutely no idea why that skyline stuff started appearing mid thread--- very odd.

to clarify, the cef will be used for neither drifting or strip, it is purely a daily driver.  

I want a bit more power out of it - mind you i was stoked with the power and acceleration when i got the car a few weeks back, then i got used to it and now I want more. I'm sure most of you know exactly how this feels.

ok so I am off to find a  

- boost gauge

- bleed valve

- air pod

and I will be having a chat with someone about the remapping of the ECU once this is done....

And get some agg pipe going to the pod. It will allow it to suck in clean fresh COLD air. I did it on my and on a cold nite, bloody hell did I notice the difference.

13psi is fine... no more.... just make sure its tuned on a dyno so u know its DEFINATELY 13psi its running.

CAI box is always a good idea too and can be done quite cheaply using that clarke rubber heat resistant foam stuff.... doesnt look as pretty as those nice carbon boxes but does just as good a job.... dont need a top cause it creates a seal against the underside of ur bonnet.