SAU Community

blitz turbo timer install on r33

letemlaf

i bought a second hand blitz dual control turbo timer with no instructions.

im trying to install it and i have no idea what im doing.

ive connected a few wires where the timer will now stay on while the key is out of ignition, and it will give me all functions on the display, i just cant get anything to work.

the wires i have connect are from the first plug (2 blacks to earth, green to the red for power, blue to yellow, and red to yellow)

im not sure if they are correct, and i havnt connected any other wires on the 2nd plug (white, purple and orange)

ive spent a number of hours searching the site and other how to guides for the timer, including how to install on other cars but no luck so far.

any help would be fantastic!

hi mate i had the same problem.

i found a site that showed me how to install it ill give you the basics for the colours u need.

Purple --- Hand Brake

Orange --- Speed Sensor

White --- Shift Lock (Auto)

Red --- 12 Volt WHITE/RED

Blue --- Accessory BLUE

Green --- Ign. "on" RED

let me know how you go. the reason why it wont stay on is cause there is a safety feature on the handbrake. if the handbrake it not up then the turbo timer wont stay on. i didnt worry about the speed sensor and the white wire because the only one you need is te purple for handbrake and i also drive a manual so if you drive an auto u may need to connect the white wire.

let me know how you go cause i can email you the instructions that i found off the net. but this is all you need just to connect the handbrake. if u have any problems ask an auto electrician because they know how to install them as well.

Purple --- Hand Brake

Orange --- Speed Sensor

White --- Shift Lock (Auto)

Red --- 12 Volt                      WHITE/RED

Blue --- Accessory                BLUE

Green --- Ign. "on"                 RED

Red 12v - white/red

when i connected to the white the starter motor was stuck on lol, so i must have misunderstood something there, and when i connected it to the red the timer did count down with the key in the ignition but when i took the key out it didnt shut itself down at all, just turned off as usual.

my email is [email protected] if you still have the instructions available.

thanks for your help, im sure its only a small thing im doing wrong.

oh, when the purple wire is connected, when it is earthed is that when it thinks the hand brake is 'on'?