SAU Community

cefiro 1/4 mile time

Ceffo

Guys im gonna be running down the 1.4 at WSID this wednesday.

Any tips?..

Never driven a full drift setip car on a 1.4 mile run b4. So dont know what to expect. Any guesses on my time?.

Specs:

Weight: 1400 kg inc my skinny azzz

Power: 170 rwkw approxx

Wheels: 17x9 and 17x8.5 (some german brand on em atm)

Im hoping for a 14 sec pass.. Low 14's

I got a 14.56 @ 98mph, or there abouts. That was with the old tyres that were on the car from japan, and wheel spin city. But my advice would be let the tyre pressure down. Another mate gained about 0.5sec from pretty much tyre pressure alone.

Even if you dont get a good run, look at the mph, its a better indicator.

From previous attempts (on closed reads :wassup: ) to get the car going from stationary it does spin its nuts off and that was launching at 3000 revs.

But beacuse of the stiff coilovers the car seems to do a jumping jack flash at the rears all over the place. Hmm. Ill do the usual let the tyres out and so forth but dont know much about the stiff suspension?..

launching on a road and a track are completely different.

when you launch u should launch using ur handbrake... also dont flat ur foot... hold to about 3k and let the clutch out.... dont dump it... feather the throttle so ur backing off just a little when its spinning to gain traction and then balance it with more revs etc and once u have enough traction put the foot into its arse and change ur gears as quick as possible :D

OK Boyz.. I did a 14.2 my best time.. with spare tyre in the back + subs woofer, bad launches, Faulty gearbox (all gears hard to get into and crunching) and speakers etc.. pretty much street trim on the car..

Should have been a high 13's but oh wellz... its a drift car afterwall not a drag car. :wassup:

LOL Will post up my sheet soon and a vid of me running it.

here is my time slip. Damn it with the speed i was carrying i should have been a high 13's for sure. What u guys reckon. becuase due to meggala he said that at 98mph would have been a low 14's. But at 100.88 on mine would have been at least a 13.9 or lower. :)

My rection and 60 foot timed sucked. LOL .. not bad for a first go btw. So what u guys reckon.

Im still trying to upload the vid onto sau.

969314_mile_run_142_smally.jpg

the guy next to me was a vl commhore.. Absolute sleeper. It looked like a stock vl.. with bad panels and paint etc. Only found out what he had under the hood when he pulled away from me after 2rd gear. rb25 block with bigger turbo i found out later on. LOL. :thumbsup:

I was mugged i tell ya.. hahaha

meh thats not that bad for the time :thumbsup:

Dr_Drift ran a 14.05 in my R32 with 142.5rwkw @ 93MPH

shows what a launch can do for ur times :)

The soarer ran a 13.8 @ 102MPH but thats a much heavier car and an auto...

it only had 154rwkw

Damn commodores with Nissan engines in them. :thumbsup: At least you know you got done by an import engine though :)

I think perhaps we are all a little jaded now with the 10 sec factor. A 14 sec time and low at that is good. I'd be lucky if my A31 ran a 20 second pass *chuckle*

My mates call VL's "poor man's skylines" lol!

and i totally agree with your "10 second factor comment"...