SAU Community

your car coming into Oz..

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am scared now, hope you have more luck now.

what is hobbs? what form do I need from them?

Hobbs is the steam cleaning company (required for AQIS unless you are extremely lucky). They will borrow $210.10 of your hard earned cash.

haha because he has imported 15yo cars before....sorry to hear about the wheels too, that is dodgy as :D

That mould might cause troubles with quaranting, my car needed an additional Bromide spray to get rid of some spiders....not only did it cost extra but it smelt terrible for months....until I had removed the whole interior.

At least it is pretty much in your hands now

Duncan: heh :( My mood is improving; I just don't need too much bad news ATM. I thought perhaps fatz was making a comment about J.A.D.: I should point out that its not one of cars out of their stock.

The wheels is an interesting one... Hopefully they just forgot to do it or fitted them to some other car I can chase down.

I think the steam cleaning is supposedly to stop mould/bacteria, so I am not really expecting too much of an issue (but hey, I am sure someone can scam some extra money somehow :( ). Car smells bad enough as it is :D

LW.

Lost? No.  I don't think they were ever attached. No sign of the log books or any paperwork, or the car cover I supposedly paid for.

Yeh I paid for a cover but no sign of it as well....I think once you get the car into a dry garage the mould should die and turn powdery which can easily be vac'd, plus with the weather warming up it should speed the process. Only problem then might be staining.

Bad luck about the wheels, hopefully just a case of mistaken identity and they'll either turn up or you'll get compensated.

SteveL: I agree about the mould. I think its just a result of storage and humid weather, and shouldn't be a huge concern (no stains I hope). Car really needs an airing.

I had a (very) quick look at the paint after KILL HSV's experience, and it seemed to be OK so even if they cover is MIA it was hopefully used during storage.

LW.

Did you get a chance to look at any rust?

Not beyond the engine bay (of which there was none) and the rotors (some surface rust, suprise suprise) :D

Everything was sodden down at the docks, and as so much of it is gravel/dirt crawling around on my hands and knees was not very enticing. I will definately have a better look tomorrow.

Time to ring Nathan and let him know that, all things going well (HA!!), it should arrive tomorrow.

LW.

Kill,

Congrats on getting the car mate. I just want to ask a few questions:

Which line did you ship with

Which port did you ship to

Did you use a customs broker, if so, which one?

Thanks mate,

Richard

thanks guys,

i'm pretty sure i got one of the "other" lines, although there was a scrunched up kiwi sticker in the car

i picked it up at rozelle, sydney

i used cgl, and the only reason it turned out ok was that i rang him like everyday to get updates and what not

we almost got knocked back from hobbs, because we only got the car there at 12, but i gave brendan a fifty and he did it like straight away.

sorry to hear about ur wheels lucien, hopefully they turn up.

there were like 4 r34 gtr's at the dock and man they were fat, one with harlequin paint, and some sort of rays wheels, but hobbs seemed to be overrun with supra's :uhh:

**** i'm sitting of waiting.. i've got a nice new engine ready to go in it.. think i almost have a sale on the rb20 already.. and car still isn't here :wave:

next month if i am lucky.. hate to think whats happening to it outside with floods, earthquakes, typhoons, and all these things happening in Japan right now.

I know this thread isn't all about me and my problems, but just a little update.

I spoke to Anton (Japan Auto Direct manager) over the phone a few minutes ago. I must say I found him extremely pleasant and most apologetic.

He promised to track down exactly what happened and get back to me on Saturday (when he gets back to Japan; he is currently holidaying in Queensland).

So I feel a bit better now. Hopefully it will all be sorted.

thanks guys,

i'm pretty sure i got one of the "other" lines, although there was a scrunched up kiwi sticker in the car

i picked it up at rozelle, sydney

i used cgl, and the only reason it turned out ok was that i rang him like everyday to get updates and what not

we almost got knocked back from hobbs, because we only got the car there at 12, but i gave brendan a fifty and he did it like straight away.

sorry to hear about ur wheels lucien, hopefully they turn up.

there were like 4 r34 gtr's at the dock and man they were fat, one with harlequin paint, and some sort of rays wheels, but hobbs seemed to be overrun with supra's :uhh:

Cool. Another question for other people, has anyone used a customs agent (in Sydney) other than CGL? Just interested to hear of your experience.

Richard

Cool. Another question for other people, has anyone used a customs agent (in Sydney) other than CGL? Just interested to hear of your experience.

Richard

So would I (inlight of my, and other's, recent experiences), though I imagine it might be quite difficult to find one that deals with cars on a regular basis.

Edit: I heard on the radio this morning that customs staff are on strike. Hope noone is affected.

LW

Poor LW... sounds like your experience is totally the opposite to mine. so, going by this theory, your compliance will be straightforward and have no dramas what so ever. Evidently this means I am struggling with mine at the moment :rant:

JK