SAU Community

Lancer modding about to begin....

Craved

Bit of a long shot to post here but here goes.

I've got a 99 lancer gl sitting in my back yard, smashed at the front with slight damage to the firewall. Basically this cant be fixed cheaply and has been abandoned by my insurance company (longer story) so i wanna do something with it!

plans: since the front right arm is bent

tube frame front end with an CA18 or SR20 turbo in it, with conversion to RWD!!

just wondering if anyone knows if the chassis of the FWD lancer i the same as an EVO lancer????

just to make things easier and not have to build a new tunnel for it, i have notice that the fuel tank is under the rear seat so this will have to be removed, just hoping that with that removed i can run a tailshaft through! just running a fuel cell in the boot.

if any one has seen lancers with similar mods or RWD conversion if they could post links/pics that would be great. this is a weekend job just for a fun track/drift car!

any and all suggestions welcome!

cheers :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe yeah i know, but its just sitting there and cant do anything else with it!

i had a look a while back, it has a tunnel but not sure if it is big enough to run a tail shaft down! not a hard thing to create a bigger tunnel, have done them before, but hoping that i dont have to do it!

fresh, if you find a mag with it coudl you check for me!

I was just showing what i've seen in relation to modded lancers, I wansent telling you to do the same :D

I'd go with your idea!!!

FWD you brake to many drive shafts & no traction...

Rwd is more fun, I'd Go SR20DET and it will be a serious weapon.:)

I'm curious to see the end result

:D

i'd say it would be too much work to make it RWD.

If you want to do a project, i'd sell the car as is for a few grand if possible, buy an R31 and do an rb20det/rb25det/rb26dett conversion. At least then it will bolt straight in, it will already be RWD and you'll be driving a nissan :D

who are you and what do you want?

every post i've seen of yours is utter stupidity

warned for trolling - 5 points

Excuxe me but who are you and what do you want?

If you dont like what i write dont read it! Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I just dont like lancers!

I am very offended by you warning me! :):):rant::rant::rant:

Excuxe me but who are you and what do you want?

If you dont like what i write dont read it! Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, I just dont like lancers!

I am very offended by you warning me!  :)  :)  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

Entitled to opinions maybe, but have you heard of the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it"? There was nothing constructive about what you said. I know quite a number of people with EVOs that would probably make you cry if you went for a ride in driven hard.