SAU Community

wangan midnight maximum tune

TEAMSHADOW

u guys are all living and breathing skylines....i wish i had one...

nonetheless...in the arcades..theres a new game that is toppling initial d

tis called wangan midnight maximum tune....

obviously u can guess wat my car is:P

anyways...has anyone played it? i need sum tips on how to play better in this game...

i cant tune the r34 anymore, its maxed out

oh believe me..this game is as addictive as it gets...not only does the techno music rock...but also the drift action as well as the 6-speed manual gear changing...

i used to play it on auto...but after this game..i learnt how to change gears properly...

without the clutch pedal though...

yeh, i heard bout one on ps2 however its only available in japan :D

wish that game included sum nitrous in there...but driving at 320km/h is still great fun..try it whenever u see them machines at the arcades...but make sure u got enuf coins to last u 30 mins (usually 20 bucks worth)

if you live in melbourne you can pickup a copy of wangan midnight for PS2 at the store 'Initial D' on russel st

you'll need a chipped PS2 and unless you understand japanese the story mode might be a bit of a waste.. but still.. very cool game

apparently the arcade machine was a big success in the states

its actually based on a manga which is based on an old live action TV series

hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I think I played it. But it's all in japanese right? The one I played was all in japanese and I found it hard to choose my car (accidently chose toyota celica). Anyway these games are too expessive to play form the old fasion $1 games to these $2.20 I payed 20 dollars and all went away in a few games.

lolz, yeh they are expensive to play

but $2.20? i never knew arcade machines took silver coins

nah, the version i played was all in english so it was alright..although the characters dialogue is quite stupid "i feel the endurance through my veins" sure u do buddy..sure u do

anyways...has anyone played it? i need sum tips on how to play better in this game...

i cant tune the r34 anymore, its maxed out

i've played it..a few games worth on my last visit to Toronto.

it's very fun to play.

my advice for you to get better in this game, is to go out and buy a copy of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (or is it still known Tokyo Highway Battle in AUS ?). that game will allow you to learn the Tokyo Highway system so when you play Wangan Midnight, you'll already know the highway.

when i played it, i had a blast roaming the highway with my black FC. i found it to be a little too easy though (although it's likely that way because i played TXR3 for far too long). even bought a card.

i sitll think Initial D is more fun to play though.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how or where to get the soundtrack of this game at? You cant tell me the music doesnt kick ass. Ive been trying to find it somewhere for download if anyone has any information would be great. Ive already tried their main site and it seems they only give out small clips of the music every tuesday or so. so help me out people

Does anyone know how or where to get the soundtrack of this game at? You cant tell me the music doesnt kick ass. Ive been trying to find it somewhere for download if anyone has any information would be great. Ive already tried their main site and it seems they only give out small clips of the music every tuesday or so. so help me out people

no, but if you find it...please relay the download link to us on SAU forums as well..

LOL

i like this soundtrack, it's a good contrast from the dancey songs from Initial D. Wangan features a lot of Rock music.