SAU Community

Team Wang Phillip Island Report and Pics 19/09/04

JAMESW

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i took friends shopping in Hawthorn, then we....aaarrrggghhh, i missed a tops weekend.

Spoke to Geoff monday morning, lol....i bet he was still smiling during his little pyro session.;)

EMRE; gee, i feel so special. How were the stickies mate? Sorry to hear about your gremlins, from what i hear you still had a motza weekend.

Congrats on the time Andrew, did you end up with tyre probs? Chris needs some swaybars, i think Whiteline should throw a set of promo swaybars his way :D See what sort of difference they make

Ill have to catch up and hear all the tales...and great to see Duncan out there in the Echo MkII, you Vics just dont perform unless you have a Sydneysider keeping you all honest:)

PS - I have no problem believing the 1:47 lap time, :)

Duncan told me that he was concerned about brake wear, tyre wear, and engine so was short shifting, braking early, and looking after the tyres. It makes sense for one lap he gave it a punt and pulled 5sec out of his laptime:) ....says the NSW Minister of Propoganda. :D

Spoke to Geoff monday morning, lol....i bet he was still smiling during his little pyro session.

Yeah its true - he still managed a Geoff style grin - i got some photos of him with his car straight after it happened.

Well team, the news is finally in. I'm off to Brisvegas next year so while I'll still be doing some trackdays, I have to concentrate on selling my house and preparing to move.

I'll be organising a barbie as the weather improves so keep an eye open in events.

Hey guys,

Just a quick little note here. I spoke to Karyn via email today - she was one of the officials at the HSV day and was also who put me in touch with Chris to get us our spots on the day. Just a little thing she said was:

the first session of the day is passengers.... and that means driving at 80% race speed when someone else is in the car, but your lap times at the island whilst very good, were not what is considered "appropriate" for passenger sessions.....

I think this is fair enough - I know I was going pretty hard. I really enjoyed the HSV day and don't want to burn any bridges with them so if we get the chance to go with them again I think we should make sure we respect this little rule. 80% is still pretty fast when your a passenger.

:P

Karyn has said that there is the final HSV day of the year at Sandown. This track would be much cooler for super sprints than the Island. Don't know if anyone is interested with the Maserati Day the weekend before however?

so theres another sandown event the week after then maserati one?? i would be more likely to have my car ready by then as i get paid that week...

anymore details snowy?

haha busted for going to fast.....if only the HSVs were quicker they never would have noticed lol

BTW, Geoff I can't beleive you want to run another BBQ already...have you fixed the damage from your last one yet? Either way, catch you at Queensland Raceway next year :P

Yeah its true - he still managed a Geoff style grin - i got some photos of him with his car straight after it happened.

I have a video of it happening :P

btw guys, I've had a watch of the vid and I still plan to edit it and DVD the footage + put some cheesy HPI style electronic music to it ;)

Gimme 7 days and I should have it done. (hopefully).