SAU Community

R32 or r33?

Well I almost have enough cash to get either an r32 gtr or an r33 gtr. Now I'm not too worried about looks as I think they both look tops. I know the r32 weighs less (Don't know exactly how much less) but which car would you guys go if you wanted both speed and performance. What are the major performance pros and cons of each car? Any help with my decision would be great. I would like to hear from anyone who has raced or owned both of these cars to hear their point of view. Thanks. :D

it all depends what u really want from your car. if looks don't matter (and price too i think - since u didn't mention), then keep in mind that it'll be more likely to find a r33 gtr in better condition compared to r32 gtr, considering r32 age, and whether it's been trashed/dragged/raced in japan.

the r32gtr is still quite favourite in japan being a lighter car and with similar mods can outrun the r33gtr. also depends on how professionally the car was tuned in japan, it could mean between buying a ticking bomb or a real fast car. but this doesn't mean that r33 gtr has less performance potential. I believed nissan has improved the rb26 from r32 to r33 generation, so there should be some gain there to get the r33.

I'm looking at spending between 30k to 35k. The thing is i don't know about any of the differences between the rb26 generations and if any of the differences make gains in power. I guess in the end it all comes down to power to weight ratio. The car with the best ratio is always going to be faster and in this case its the r32.

30 - 35 k would get a very very nice R32 GTR mate :D

Yep, that amount of money would allow you to get a late model R32 GTR, so it should be in a better condition. But if you're buying in Japan, i'm not sure if anyone done R32 compliance under the new SEVS rule, otherwise try to find one locally.

I dont own nor have I ever driven a GTR but I've been a big fan for several years and intend to buy an r32 gtr next year. The 32 and 33 are very similar performance wise. Obviously the 32 is a fair bit cheaper than the 33 being an older model. I'd go with the 32 and with the cash you save do some mods if you want more power and possibly an engine rebuild as a precautionary measure. As I said I have no hands on expirience with either so my opinion might not be worth much.