SAU Community

4 Door GTR's?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wtf is a Stagea GTR?

To be precise an Nissan Stagea Autech 260RS

"Introduced to compete with the Subaru Legacy Touring wagon, the Nissan Stagea was launched in 1996 and featured a 2.5-litre inline-six engine. It was good for a claimed output of 276 horsepower, however the real ratings would have been closer to 293. Sending power to all four wheels, that model was good for a 0-60 mph time of 6.4 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 14.5. Enter Autech and the Stagea 260RS. Using the Skyline GTR engine and driveline, the stated output remained at 276 but in reality that figure was now closer to 310. Besides a small increase in displacement from 2.5 to 2.6 litres, the Stagea Autech also employs a beefier rear anti-roll bar and a strut brace linking the front suspension towers as well as a mechanical limited slip differential for the rear axle and Brembo disc brakes with ABS all around to improve stopping power. The straight line performance, braking and handling is improved dramatically over the base model. If this this is still not enough though, a Nismo tuned version is available whose 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5.1 and 13.6 seconds, respectively."

hehe I've got the origianl jap brochure for your car, I'll scan it for you guys when I get home. It might shed some light on the matter a lil. Also a quick VIN number check will prove the authenticity of that car, coz if its an original Autech 4 door then it'll say so on FAST.

Also just to let you guys know, while I was testing the software I'm writing last night I found a white 4 door R32 GTS4 that had gotten a full GTR conversion, RB26 and drivetrain plus Original JUN 4 Door GTR kit, which was as rare as hen's teeth. Its a 93 model as well. Selling for 2.5 million yen. Will post up pics later.

To be precise an Nissan Stagea Autech 260RS

"Introduced to compete with the Subaru Legacy Touring wagon, the Nissan Stagea was launched in 1996 and featured a 2.5-litre inline-six engine. It was good for a claimed output of 276 horsepower, however the real ratings would have been closer to 293. Sending power to all four wheels, that model was good for a 0-60 mph time of 6.4 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 14.5. Enter Autech and the Stagea 260RS. Using the Skyline GTR engine and driveline, the stated output remained at 276 but in reality that figure was now closer to 310. Besides a small increase in displacement from 2.5 to 2.6 litres, the Stagea Autech also employs a beefier rear anti-roll bar and a strut brace linking the front suspension towers as well as a mechanical limited slip differential for the rear axle and Brembo disc brakes with ABS all around to improve stopping power. The straight line performance, braking and handling is improved dramatically over the base model. If this this is still not enough though, a Nismo tuned version is available whose 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5.1 and 13.6 seconds, respectively."

Yes, yes, yes... I knew that... just curious as to why you called it a Stagea GTR when it's not.

Yeah it is that style of lights. I was thinking of doing the conversion to the coupe lights but it would involve too much. I would need to change the boot lid and the rear bar but and none of that would be a bolt on job on the curent rear end. So that means it would involve the cut and weld of the whole rear end.

hey funkymonkey, whats with the car above? is that the original look or did someone cut and weld? I got a 4 door and the rear end is totaly different, especially the lights.

It also has flared quarters and door add ons (to match the quarters).

Lots of work. but makes for a cool R32 4 door GTR look a like.

Richard