SAU Community

Major Dilemma

TEAMSHADOW

Hi Mate et al,

I sort of know the position you are in and can only concur with what the others are saying. I had a bit to spend on my first car back in the day (not as much, and due to family misfortune) and ended up taking advice from a family friend (who owns a prominant advanced driving school in Sydney) and ended up investing in a little 1.8 Audi A3. Then spent the first few years I was driving doing numerous driving courses at the various schools and quickly discovered that even my little 1.8 had limits well beyond those of my own.

I took a fair while before I was confident that I could "graduate" up to something abit more powerful.  

Anyway, by the sound of it you have a good attitude and are sensible. So my suggestion is to get a small (read "light") manual NA car, you'll find that you will be able to have heaps of fun and will have a platform that doesn't have too steep a learning curve. Then take your time and aim to slowly and steadily improve yourself, it's better to take your time becoming a great driver than quickly becoming an ex-driver. Even Michael Shumacher didn't become Michael Shumacher over night.  :P  

Also, with your budget you should be able to get something pretty pimpin for picking up the ladies.

Cheers,

Jae

PS: if you look to your Dad that you're making a wise decision now, he'll probably soften up to other suggestions down the track.

OT: I recognise your avatar ;) enjoying your new GTR? I took you for the test drive.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teamshadow: Mate get your dad to buy you the new Mx-5.

- Rear Wheel Drive

- Turbo

- Convertible

- Insanely fun even at slow speeds

- 50/50 weight distribution

- The ladies will dig you

And its a very respectable, sensible sports car.

Either that or the new mini. (for the same reasons above)..

Just cars that will teach you how to drive, be as fun as having a ferret in your undies, but at the same time not be over powerful.

Once you've driven that for a few years, learnt how to drive.. upgrade to a turbo r34 skyline :P