SAU Community

Group Buy, AFM to TURBO Duct

Bass Junky

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

I'm sorry but the prototype won't be ready until after the Long Weekend.

My fabricator hasn't had a holiday in 4 years and is going away for a week.

Sorry for the further delay, but that's life in a big city.

Looking to play with an R33 and R32 soon as well, but so far nobody has put their hand up to help out......

Any takers?

Robo

When the time comes (in a couple of weeks) I need to borrow an R33 and R32 to do a little jig work on.

Basically I need to remove the standard Duct, leave the AFM and Airbox in position and weld in some rings into a jog.

I have done this on my car and there is no possible chance of damage (except to a few knuckles) whilst doing this.

Robo.

Making the actual duct doesn't look hard, but the smallest radius bend you can get it 1.5 x material diameter.

Therefore, 3" x 1.5 = 4.5" radius.

Getting the curve right is going to be the issue.

Also, the adaptation of the standard BOV and PCV pipes is going to be interesting.

This kit may end up costing up to $200 at this stage (haven't get definent pricing on the duct yet though) as there is connectors, hose clamps and all bits and pieces yet to go.

BASS OUT

Robo.

Making the actual duct doesn't look hard, but the smallest radius bend you can get it 1.5 x material diameter.

Therefore, 3" x 1.5 = 4.5" radius.

Getting the curve right is going to be the issue.

Also, the adaptation of the standard BOV and PCV pipes is going to be interesting.

This kit may end up costing up to $200 at this stage (haven't get definent pricing on the duct yet though) as there is connectors, hose clamps and all bits and pieces yet to go.

BASS OUT

BASS,

i know this doesnt help for everyone but i am quite happy and would prefer you to leave the BOV and PCV pipes off mine. Also i think your price of $200 is very realistic and would prefer to pay that and recieve quality than pay $150 and not. I think $200 is still a bargain.

Also to all you Melboune boys, pull your fat fingers out and give Bass junky a hand(when he needs it obviously), he has said that he needs a 32 and 33 to make some jigs up on. I know someone will come through but Bass is really doing us al a favor here, so help him out soon guys!!

26GTS

I'm also going to offer the ducts without the PCV and BOV return pipes and fittings.

Excellent Bass, i did think that was the case. I also understood it was teh cars you need and not the rubber pipe.

I hope this is clear to everyone so that when the time comes, bassy is not having a hard time. Everyone here wants theirs asap, so help him help you.

keep up the good work Bass Junky

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been able to communicate with you all over the last few weeks.

Group buys have been down.

Well, I've still been working on them, the fabrication place I use has been super busy, and so have I. A couple of promised dates have been and gone, and the current one is that I should have the first sample this arvo.

We will wait and see. If it doesn't happen, I will be taking them somewhere else that I know. I'd really like to get them all sorted before Christmas which is waht I am aiming for.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers

Pete

Well, I just spoke to them and I have changed my mind.

They really want to do them for me, they are just under the pump big time.

I have the patience to wait, so I hope you all do too. These guys are great fabricators and the work they do is spot on, so I'd rather them do it than anybody else.

If anyone want's to pull out, let me know and it's all good.

But I hope you will stick around, cos these ducts are going to be great.

BASS OUT