SAU Community

Mystery Device..

Essential

Hey,

Today i went and pulled apart my car, and when I was taking the inner door skins off i came acceoss a mystery box and wire.

I drive an R32 Gts-t

In the pitcure below, the BLUE circle represents some fuses, this appears after market to me, however I maybe wrong.

the RED box has me confused, I think it maybe a central locking system (stock im guessing) but the thing that confuses me the most is the wire coming off this box (circled GREEN) leads to a little LED looking this which was taped to the inside of my door skin.

Anyonw able to shed some light as to what this is and why it was taped there..

Thanks

Ps - I ave attached another picture of that apparent central locking box, there is a metal circle looking object beside it .. what is this?

Thanks

Yeah there was a sticker on it that said something about .. hang on let me go look

Ok that box in the RED Cricle has a yellow sticker on it that says..

PN CONT ASSY-LOCK DOOR

P# H0561 - 35F00

L# 2F101093B

?# 9403?

* I can't see the letters marked with "?"

I just checked locking the doors with the ket and the central locking worked fine, I then tried using it with the remote and it worked fine

And this was when I had the box unplugged so i'm 90% sure it's got nothing to do with the 'Central locking' system

Hmm..

Ok so far what ive found out is..

The black box next to the blue circle says something about an 'Amp' on it, I was thinking this was for my speakers, however when un plugged it wont wind up or down my drivers side window, so im sure this is the box that controlls the power window.

the fuses in the blue circle appear to be knew and connect to the door open/lock mecanizum. there for im sure this is the central locking for my NEW alarm

as for the box in the red circle im still trying to figure this one out .. but im sure it has somehtign to do with an old alarm system

Ok, I did some more looking around and i have come up with the following..

The box in the Red circle, I still have no idea what it does i traced 2 wires (red and yellow) that came out of the big collection of wires that connect to the back on this box, i followed it all the way out of the door to under my dash were the wires split and the red one goes off to the back of my fuse box, it then is connected to a purple wire that goes into my fuse box.

the speaker looking thing that was bolted to the door next to this box i managed to un plug and un screw and then turn it around .. which i have supplied a picture of, im guessin its a speaker

futher more i have attached another picture of another device that is some how connected to the madness of these wires .. im unsure what it does but it was just laying inside my door.

anyone able to shed some light on this?

i did manage to find the "stock???" central locking box which was bolted in the cabin to the right of the drivers foot well

this box in the red circle is basically the same shape and size as the current central locking box in my car .. is is possible that this box in the red circle is infact a central locking box that is part of another alarm system which has then been placed inside the door for some strange reason? (any idea why?)

let me know if any of this makes sense to you

thanks

Ok well i didn't get to draw it up, because its a bit complex to draw..

i think ive managed to GUESS most of the parts, however the one thing that has me stumped is their is a device inside the door, which i un plugged i belive this device has something to do with the actually door handle..

does anyone know why there is a box here and what this wires do?

Ok.. Well considering no one knew what it was and majority of facts point towards a 'Car alarm' I took it upon myself to rip the Loom / System out.

Below i have attached a picture of the loom and labeled all the parts, as i'm hoping someone may know what this actually is.

Heres a breakdown of the system..

A] This consists of 2 wire, red and yellow.. these two wires went through the door into the drivers side cabin, and then went up under the dash and 'tapped' into 2 different wires that APPEARED to somehow be connected to the back of the fuse box.

B] I found this part of the loom laying taped down inside the base of my door, Have no idea what it does

C] This clip connected into the base of an object that was located in the door and was bolted underneight the doors lockin mechanism. No idea as to what it is.

D] These two wires, green and black were also 'tapped into' the two wires that came out of the bower window control box

E] A very odd locking object, possibly a speaker?

F] This appears to be an LED inside a black case

G] This looks to be the main 'Mystery Box' It is the same shape and size as my stock central locking contol box

Hope this can help with the discovery as to what this is?

Regards,

Essential