SAU Community

s15 =>RB26 conversion

$1500??? so you're getting a RB26, but without the DETT? :rofl:

RB26 S15 - do it! That would be crazy. S15's look the biz i think, and a RB26 would just make it a monster. Although for $1500, i'd wanna make sure the engine was ok before you did anything with it.

cheers.

The s15 is already cool enough as is. But with a GTR engine? Oh my GOD!

Just make sure you spend some money getting it rebuilt/new turbos etc while its already out of the car.. no sense putting it in and driving 10 meters down the road and boom...

:rofl:

If you do it, send us pics. lots of pics.

I would be seriously questioning the engine at that price but if it is all legit and in good condition jump on it. I still would hope you have a crap load of money to do it though cause to do it properly you will need it.

Motorcafe asked for issues and technical information that may help him in his conversion.

Not to be told off about the deal he got on his engine. Everyone who isn't commenting on the merit of the idea that just posted up needs to get a life and stop assuming just because they cant get a good/great deal that everyone else is shifty and needs to be told off.

Hopefully the next posts below will be helpful.

Motorcafe asked for issues and technical information that may help him in his conversion.

Not to be told off about the deal he got on his engine. Everyone who isn't commenting on the merit of the idea that just posted up needs to get a life and stop assuming just because they cant get a good/great deal that everyone else is shifty and needs to be told off.

Hopefully the next posts below will be helpful.

motorcafe is 99% some 16 year old who signed up a new account on the first day of school holidays and is just talking shit as the $5 pocket money he gets a week he couldnt afford the oil for a rb26 let alone a S15 and rb26!!

is there any problem here?

okay, first of all, i got the rb26dett for $1500 and that's my personal business... i come here to ask for the advice to see "if" it is a good way to modify the s15 as i have idea of rubilding the rb26dett and put it into s15....

i really don't like to be committed some shxt like....the engine is stolen or i am a new school student just signed first day to talk abt shxt here....

if u guys don't wanna help, that's fine, but plz don't put any commitment here and saying stuff like that, i'll appreciate that....

to DRIFTT, thanx for ur information, i have already looked at the xspeed website, but i think that is too wild for me at this stage as i'll need to spend a lot of money to do just the conversion labor, i think.... :P

is there any problem here?

okay, first of all, i got the rb26dett for $1500 and that's my personal business... i come here to ask for the advice to see "if" it is a good way to modify the s15 as i have idea of rubilding the rb26dett and put it into s15....

i really don't like to be committed some shxt like....the engine is stolen or i am a new school student just signed first day to talk abt shxt here....

if u guys don't wanna help, that's fine, but plz don't put any commitment here and saying stuff like that, i'll appreciate that....

to DRIFTT, thanx for ur information, i have already looked at the xspeed website, but i think that is too wild for me at this stage as i'll need to spend a lot of money to do just the conversion labor, i think.... :)

Firstly, speaking for myself, I was joking about my remark. It was a direct quote from 'Starsky & Hutch'. If you were offended, I'm sorry, but you should see the film - damn funny.

Secondly, I think the attitude you have been given is probably founded by the fact that no one can understand how you could get a running RB26 for so little money. If you are able, and it is that cheap and legit, then that is awesome - we are all jealous. Can you put me down for 3.

Thirdly, why do you want to put an RB26 in the S15? You have to ask yourself some pretty serious questions about cost vs benefit. A well built SR will be reliable up to quite a number of kay-dubyas (i don't have experience, but may people build mega hp SRs). What sort of hp do you want? RB26s are expensive to make high hp (compared to SRs) - would it be more effiecient to spend all the custom fab cost of dropping in the RB on modifying the SR anyway? And would the chassis balance be ruined by dropping in another (guessing) 100kgs in the front end? eg. Meggala pulled out an RB20 from his Ceffy and dropped in a SR.

BUT - an RB S15 will be totally cool and unique. If you are out to build a unique or show car, then do it. It can be done (see zymotic's link), but unless you have mega resouces, may end up being high cashola if you want a 800hp motor :)

:P

Oh and by the way, INASNT is probably the most negative person on the forums ;)

:)