SAU Community

Spark plug gap dilema.. 1.1mm or 0.8mm

Remix-

BK type plugs (ISO) are too short, you need BCP plugs. BK plugs are ISO standard which is shorter than the Japanese standard BCP type plugs.

:spcartman

Its only the porceline on the plug that is a little longer, ive installed both the BCPR and BKR and both fit. The coils have no problem fitting over both.

Its only the porceline on the plug that is a little longer, ive installed both the BCPR and BKR and both fit.   The coils have no problem fitting over both.

Kool thanx champ :P

I have a set of BCPR6EIX-11 and split fire coils but anything over 18psi and it will start to miss a bit.

BK type plugs (ISO) are too short, you need BCP plugs. BK plugs are ISO standard which is shorter than the Japanese standard BCP type plugs.

:spcartman

I dont think the 2.5mm difference in spark plug height (from the gasket) would really do anything (BKR vs BCPR). Either way it should be in contact with the coil pack. I use the BKR7E (V-Power) with no ill effects...

I just instaled BKR5EIX-11, the car drives great on standard boost 6 but when you want boost it up to 10-12....major misfire.

I looked at my coils, they are all fine. Infact they look new. No cracks. I did notice they had white discoloration on the side, dust like. very tiny amount....

So what do I do, I had the coper sparkies gaped to 0.8 same misfire. When I bought the car 2 yeras ago, it had resistor sparkies copers aswell. The car ran 18psi no probs, 265Hp@rw...

I dont have that same power anymore.....

I just instaled BKR5EIX-11, the car drives great on standard boost 6 but when you want boost it up to 10-12....major misfire.

I looked at my  coils, they are all fine. Infact they look new. No cracks. I did notice they had white discoloration on the side, dust like. very tiny amount....

So what do I do, I had the coper sparkies gaped to 0.8 same misfire. When I bought the car 2 yeras ago, it had resistor sparkies copers aswell. The car ran 18psi no probs, 265Hp@rw...

I dont have that same power anymore.....

Gap them down to 0.8mm and it will stop your miss

BCPR6EIX

not quite mate. they will come gapped at 1.1mm too. the last number is the gap so if you had BCPR6EIX-8 they would come gapped to .8mm. if there is no gap specified they come gapped at 1.1mm.

not quite mate. they will come gapped at 1.1mm too. the last number is the gap so if you had BCPR6EIX-8 they would come gapped to .8mm. if there is no gap specified they come gapped at 1.1mm.

You will find the ones with 11 on the end are gapped at 1.1 and the ones with nothing on the end are gapped at 0.8mm

fair enough. in my experience the ones without a number have always been 1.1mm as it seems to be the default. either way if I was ordering some and wanted a .8mm gap i would put the -8 on the end. and always check the gap before putting them in. so many times I have bought brand new plugs with the gaps all over the shop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

Reviving an old thread LOL:4_joy:

I recently did the RB20 wastegate actuator on my Series 2 R33. Worked a charm boost-wise, except had to weld a custom bracket to make the rod clear the turbo housing. Took her for a joyride, hit 12psi, then dropped back down to 10 and got that misfire under high rpm + high boost!

So went to Repco and got me a set of BCPR6E (pre-gapped to 0.8mm) and took her for another test drive today and still got that same misfire under full load. I've checked my coilpacks as they are stock, and they seem fine, no cracks etc, had my older brother check them out a couple weeks back as he's an auto sparky and even he said they're doing their job!

What should I do to eliminate that misfire stutter under full boost? Any help would be greatly appreciated