SAU Community

Mods for 200rwkw?

kane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a good exhaust, filter and intercooler you will be running around 11-12psi. You wont make anything near 200rwks though. 150-160 seems closer to the mark, but thats just a dyno reading.

Id suggest a dyno run or two with your current setup ($50-80) to be sure the fuel pump and everything else is ok.

Personal experience, 200 rwkw out of the standard RB20DET turbo is possible, but reliability goes out the window. A standard RB25DET turbo with the RB20DET wastegate actuator does the job OK, but even then you are close to ceramic in the cat disease.

So personally I would add turbo to the list.

200rwkw?  What duty cycle at what RPM is this figure acheived at?

Around 85%, so very marginal. That's using a GTR fuel pump and an adj fuel pressure regulator with above standard rail pressure. So I guess he really needs to add those to his list.

The 200 rwkw was around 6,750 rpm, we are at 225 rwkw now at 7,100 rpm so it sounds about right.

:)

Hey guys,

Sydneykid is correct you can stretch the standard injectors to around the 225rwkw. To reach 200Rwkw with the RB20 a different turbo will be needed definitely pump/regulator and PowerFC,Front mount and exhaust. In Zoom with the "brains project" they got 220rwkw with HKS turbo,standard computer remapped (By Martin Donnon) upgraded pump,regulator,fmic and i think 14psi they also relocated the throttle body to the front of the plenum

So its going to cost you alot more then 2.5K I would suggest going the whole hog RB20's can take it and they love it.. GT30,Ex Gate,PwrFC,Injectors,Pump,FMIC,after market plenum and throttlebody. at least then you wont be at 200rwkw for 6 months and be looking at more mods and having to do these things anyway and finding your turbo's to small or your computer isnt good enough.

My 2 cents.

BR,

JH

Around 85%, so very marginal.  That's using a GTR fuel pump and an adj fuel pressure regulator with above standard rail pressure.  So I guess he really needs to add those to his list.

The 200 rwkw was around 6,750 rpm, we are at 225 rwkw now at 7,100 rpm so it sounds about right.

:)

P.S There was one with GT30 etc at Jamboree last week standard motor making 410HP at the treads revving to 8700rpm!! OH YEAH sounded great to.

BR,

JH

Hey guys,

Sydneykid is correct you can stretch the standard injectors to around the 225rwkw. To reach 200Rwkw with the RB20 a different turbo will be needed definitely pump/regulator and PowerFC,Front mount and exhaust. In Zoom with the "brains project" they got 220rwkw with HKS turbo,standard computer remapped (By Martin Donnon) upgraded pump,regulator,fmic and i think 14psi they also relocated the throttle body to the front of the plenum

So its going to cost you alot more then 2.5K I would suggest going the whole hog RB20's can take it and they love it.. GT30,Ex Gate,PwrFC,Injectors,Pump,FMIC,after market plenum and throttlebody. at least then you wont be at 200rwkw for 6 months and be looking at more mods and having to do these things anyway and finding your turbo's to small or your computer isnt good enough.

My 2 cents.

BR,

JH

Yep you should... depends on how healthy the engine is too.

With my r33 series 2 with FMIC, 3"dump/front, 3" exhaust (stock cat), ebc @ 11psi, and stock ecu I made 184.2rwkw.

Running very rich, with the computer doing the normal retard the timing bit.

wil..

thanks for the replies guys. ive been speaking to dezerteagle and hes reccomends a R33 GTST with:

- FMIC

- 3inch Zorst

- Power FC

and ill be getting close to 200rwkw?

Another thing I found is RB25DET's can be a lucky dip. My first motor with just Front Mount, Cat Back and Upped boost (around 10psi) pinged at anything over 4000rpm, and ALOT of pinging.

When you get the motor and ready to modify it be sure to run a good diagnostic check over it. Go to someone like Unique Autosports to do a major check and service first.

Yep you should... depends on how healthy the engine is too.

With my r33 series 2 with FMIC, 3"dump/front, 3" exhaust (stock cat), ebc @ 11psi, and stock ecu I made 184.2rwkw.

Running very rich, with the computer doing the normal retard the timing bit.

wil..

Yeah, but he has an RB20, you have RB25 different motors mate. I don't think that with the same mods you have he will make the same (or better) power.

Richard