SAU Community

R32 GTR with tuned computer

I have been looking at this R32 GTR that claims to have a tuned computer. Firstly i dont understand exactly what this means, if anyone could help me that would be great? I figure just to create more power and torque at certain revs/ faster acceleration? My second query is what benifit (if any) would this have once it brought into australia? As at the first service the ecu will be reset to allow the car to "adapt" to australian driving conditions.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

The "tuned" computer probably means it has a mines/tomei/insert-similar-company-here chip in it. These are usually just tuned for more boost (e.g decent fuel maps up to 16psi) and advance the timing.

Resetting it wont do much, as it will still retain those fuel maps and ignition timing settings, and will still be tuned for 100+ octane fuel. Best bet would be if it looks like a nice car, get it, as soon as it lands get it on a dyno to see how its running. If its good, so be it, if its bad, start looking for another stock ecu or look at power fc etc.

So you don't think reseting the computer would effect it? From what i have read the standard computers should be reset when the car reaches australia as it will be run with different fuel. If this is the case then the fuel maps and ignition timing settings will likely be all out once I'm running the car here in australia, using our fuel. So if the computer can't be reset then it's more than likely that i'll need to seek out another ecu, so that the ignition timing etc is right? before I do any damage to the engine?

Is there no chance of the chip being removed or ecu being retuned?