SAU Community

Initial D

D.Chi

• 3 weeks later...

i play initial D at Knox timezone, its like $2 a game and i cant play it for free with my gold member timezone card because feature games are excluded from the deal. I always walk out of timezone with a lighter wallet, i dont know why :cheers:

- Patrick

Does anyone play this at timezone and other arcade game places? I just got into it cos my like initial d. They say there are also movies does anyone know where to download them?

i dont play it anywhere you do...

but yes, i play it at my local aracde here. i'm not that good at it, even though i've spent a fair sum of money on it..

looking for movie downloads of the anime?

i'm not sure about finding any place to download the older episodes, but i know the latest ones can be DL'ed using MIRC or Bit Torrent.

i played Inital D the other day for the first time................

i was at a small arcade and i managed to finish Crisis Zone (time crisis with a submachine gun) with one credit, the manager was watching and congradulated me, i asked for a free game as a prize, which i got, so i played Inital D

I thought it was pretty crap..........the only thing special about it is the RPG element, and you get to race jap cars.............the actual game play wasnt groundbreaking and the shift up down gear box is taking the piss...............

Does anyone play this at timezone and other arcade game places? I just got into it cos my like initial d. They say there are also movies does anyone know where to download them?

the game is ok. not realistic at all (as if a GTR would get beaten!)

buy movies, downloading them is illegal.

Ahh finally I got my internet connected again.

I haven't seen Initial D before but do you have to watch it form the start to understand it? Because Im trying to find the older episodes to buy to see if I like it. Where can I find Initial D dvds? I don't often play the Initial D game at the arcades but I like versing friends once in a while.

I thought it was pretty crap..........the only thing special about it is the RPG element, and you get to race jap cars.............the actual game play wasnt groundbreaking and the shift up down gear box is taking the piss...............

you didn't play it enough to have a good amount of fun.

it doesn't get good until later in the game when you begin to understand how the game plays...and you can drive on the complicated stages.

I haven't seen Initial D before but do you have to watch it form the start to understand it? Because Im trying to find the older episodes to buy to see if I like it. Where can I find Initial D dvds? I don't often play the Initial D game at the arcades but I like versing friends once in a while.

yah, you have to watch it from episode 1 to understand it completely.

any Chinatown or Asian Market/Mall should have Initial D stuff for sale. at least i would think so, because it's a huge franchise in Japan and HK.

i don't like battling friends in the arcade game (well, at least only 2 of my friends) cause i always get PWNED by them...they're too damn experienced and good at it.

Hmmm Autobarm ill find one near. And where do you get the cards that have your game info on it. Ive only played it like 3 times.

it will ask you if you want to purchase a card when you start a new game (has to be single player mode though) and you'll be prompted to insert more money into the machine before you get the card.

you play and the card will print when you end your game.

i wonder if the cards have worldwide compatability....that'd be cool if they did. i highly doubt it though.

nah, cards dont have worldwide compatability...

damn machines cost as much as a fricken car (holden barina)

there is a big debate over which arcade machine is better : Initial D or the new Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune

personally, i like wangan more....they offer six speed manual transmission,whereas ID offered up down shifts, that and the soundtrack rocks on wangan midnight, i dunno bout u guys but i sure as hell prefer techno music whilst speeding down the tokyo highway @ 312km/h instead of listening to jpop, that really distinguishes the mood...however, i must admit, ID has way way better drifting than max tune...if only we all lived in a world where 2 dollar coins are not as finite, we would be in utopia

I bought Initial D Mountain vengeance for the pc from my local Harvey Norman on Saturday for 20 bucks, and an impulse buy steering wheel for 80! Pretty fun but you get through all the tracks too quickly....

Is the stearing wheel good? I brought one before but is was really crap and was spring loaded and was really hard to turn fully to the side. Stupid crappy spring stearing wheels.

• 4 months later...

Well ima initial d fan, been playing since version 2, which was had a major bug in it, but version 3 better, even though they slowed it down. Well to get into initial first, one must watch the anime, or read the manga. Just a warning dont ever buy the mountain vengence games. But yeah you can buy or rent initial d at most rental outlet. I also heard that maximum tune is also good, but can't find the manga or anime anyways. and for all you fans out there u might not no these, but if u wanna play initial d, just type 'driftbattle' on google.com and click on the flash one not the driftbattle.com one, thats one was is down. (funny thing its better then the mountain veng, even though u just use the 86)

Later y'all

Does anyone play this at timezone and other arcade game places? I just got into it cos my friends like initial d. They say there are also movies does anyone know where to download them?

EDIT: mistake

Kazaa is the best place to download them, my friend has downloaded all the episodes, also the movie is being made! (real movie)

Hey I got Initial D series one (4 dvds, like 29 episodes) from China for like $30, same for series 2 and Initial D the movie. They are much better than the ones here in australia as the packaging is heaps better and anyway for the price of 3 episodes ($30ish) you get 29...and then I think 18 or something in the second series.

Also, I have Initial D game for PS2 which is a direct port of the arcade version - exactly the same. cost me like $100 to import it from japan (have to have mod chip) the game is all in japanese but the driving is driving so who cares...

Initial D: Project D (third series) came out in Japan about last march I believe.