SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

Another 60KW is a great improvement. What mods do you have apart from the highflow filter Dave?

lol too many for the measly small power figures... but the usual:

- gcg rebuilt (hiflow) original turbo (neo)

- split front & dump pipe with enlarged front tube to match enlarged exhaust outlet on turbo

- 5-inch body hi-flow cat

- 3-inch straight-through/mandrel catback

- nistune chipped ecu

- jaycar/silicon chip independent boost controller

- heavy duty high stall torque convertor for the auto, 'stage 1' shift kit from mv's w/aluminium servo upgrade

that's pretty much it... yeah way too many for this power I know... but I am still running the standard neo SMIC and it looks completely stock, even have twin tailpipes. I hope that I can get to the sunny side of 200wkw with a FMIC of some sort... boost is 'limited' to about 15psi at the moment. I was running up to about 18 before the boost controller but tuner said SMIC would be a bit risky like that. I love the torque it has now though... just cruises up hills at just under 3,000 revs and 2nd gear pulls almost as hard as first used to... you can really feel the 1st-2nd change...

but before someone says, yes I know I could've made this power and more on the standard turbo... but mine had the whine, bad. And it is to my mind almost as much to buy a decent low-drop front-mount intercooler to improve the standard turbo's breathing as it was for my ~$1,500 ish investment in getting the turbo rebuilt (ok so some of you guys have found intercooler bargains).

I do miss the response of the ceramic turbo though. It did spool very well. But the high-stall convertor and IEBC really helps that, and stall launches are awesome now (even better than with the stock turbo).

Just gotta get rid of my damn misfire (spark breakdown) which is happening now!!!!!

Edited by DaveB

• 2 weeks later...

hay guys, got the car dynod today, only had the car for about 7 months now and haven't gone any performance mods as there were alot done already. heres the list

Series 2 2000 Stagea RS4

HKS GTR-S turbo kit

hpi intercooler kit

Full stainless 3" exhaust - trust catback

apexi air filter

spitfire coilpacks

malpassi fpr

bosch 040 fuel pump

Haltech interceptor with Boost control

its running pretty rich atm but the guy down at signature performance here in ipswich said afew hours on the dyno and she would be sweet.

so in acouple weeks i'll get it down there and try again.

Thanks

Curt

post-4857-1253770899_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1253770917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr GTS4

Looks like you have lot of the right gear there. Is that 190kw 2wd or awkw? I don't know what that turbo is rated at but I would guess that it is capabable of a lot more. maybe you could do with a better boost controller to give you a steady 16psi. Do you know how close your stock injectors are to max duty ? The afrs are very rich. With a better tune and more boost you will easily be able to do better than 200awkw.

With bigger injectors, a Z32 afm and a really good tune you should be able to hit 230 -240awkw.

no idea about the injector duty, but yeah you would think if the afr's are that bad it should be able to push alittle further.

i am looking at installing gtr injectors ( cos i have some ) and i have a z32 afm on its way. but i have also heard that the z32 afm doesn't like the haltech interceptor so i don't know what to do.

Don't know how much rewiring was required to fit the Haltech but for $400-ish you could get a Nistune installed in your stock ECU. That's *if* you have access to a workshop who can tune with the Nistune. Pretty sure it can handle Z32 AFM (well I will find out soon 'cause I will be getting a Z32 AFM sooner or later).

Edited by DaveB

the haltech was already on the car when i got it. the boards are about $300 i think and i have a service tech that can install that for me. i can't see why you couldn't run the nistune and the haltech together to be able to run the z32??

• 4 weeks later...
diagnose the issue>?

What boost and rpm limit

Seems to be still producing easy power to redline.

That turbo is good for another easy 50rwkw's. I think it is only just coming on song.

Can they bring boost on earlier at all?

Auto box will be limiting you.

I will have a graph in 3 weeks time with the same Gt3076 but with the larger .82 rear housing to compare

got a graph with boost on it instead of torque?

yep, will pick one up later today - just asked for one.

What boost and rpm limit

Seems to be still producing easy power to redline.

That turbo is good for another easy 50rwkw's. I think it is only just coming on song.

Can they bring boost on earlier at all?

Auto box will be limiting you.

I will have a graph in 3 weeks time with the same Gt3076 but with the larger .82 rear housing to compare

boost is ~17psi and rpm is cut at 6500rpm

easy power to redline for sure, but the cut that comes in isnt from the stock ecu; its fic related or a component

yeah I want the cams played with next dyno session to bring it in a little more, but with more time trying the fic-8 exe program we'll get there.

and hope to fix that rev-cutout issue so it gets back to 7300

so, to fit next session is heater core, 3 din guages, and get that rpm rev limit sorted, as 6500 is a bit poxy - its set for 7300 so there is an issue there

map sensor driven and tuned now, excellent to drive

Impressive Tangles. Is your bottom end stock?? lol. Just wondered 'cause you were spinning it past 7,000 revs... does it mind that?

cheers matey. yeh everything bar bottom end is modd'd...

but its not like I rev up there all the time. engine is healthy currently.

found after a spin last night that different profec b settings resulted in different rpm cuts

10% gain 1bar boost revcut at 6500 rpm whereas 10% gain 1.15bar boost saw 6800rpm gear changes and no revcut

weird

monday; trackday. will try to sort out during the day.

cheers matey. yeh everything bar bottom end is modd'd...

but its not like I rev up there all the time. engine is healthy currently.

found after a spin last night that different profec b settings resulted in different rpm cuts

10% gain 1bar boost revcut at 6500 rpm whereas 10% gain 1.15bar boost saw 6800rpm gear changes and no revcut

weird

monday; trackday. will try to sort out during the day.

i think mine is still pulling hard when it up changes too, at some stage ill get it dyno tuned and i guess ill see if this is the case.

• 4 weeks later...

does this seem ok for a pretty stock rs4s?

just has a pod and dump back exhaust (stock dump)

runs 8-10 psi on the boost gauge (aftermarket one)

what would be the first step on my way to ~200awkw?

post-51118-1258466071_thumb.jpg

does this seem ok for a pretty stock rs4s?

just has a pod and dump back exhaust (stock dump)

runs 8-10 psi on the boost gauge (aftermarket one)

what would be the first step on my way to ~200awkw?

post-51118-1258466071_thumb.jpg

Yep that's pretty normal. Next get a front pipe with split dump. The $64,000 question is do you have a S1 or a S2? If you have a S2 then after the full exhaust get Nistune fitted to your ecu or if a S1 then something like a chipped R32 or other ecu. Then with a good tune you'll be much closer to 200awkw.

If a S1 then get an S2 (R34) smic - forget the front mount til you have a better turbo.

series 2 factory manual

might take the i/c off and give it a clean, prob has a bit of gunk in it after 10 years

and to finish it off you guys reckon a bell mouth style dump is the go too? cos i though the split style were supposed to be better :S

there is what is supposed to be and what happens on the dyno.

my experience was bellmouth = a whisker more power (back to back testing against a "quality name brand split dump)

either will do a better job than the standard one so you can't lose whichever way you go.

S2 rs auto

Pod filter

HDI front mount

profec b ebc

JJR split dump/front

3" stainless with high flow metal cat and cannon

Nistune chip and tune - EFI performance

I think that's it.....

Ideally I'm after 220-230rwkw

So it's looking like I will need a turbo and some injectors to get there.

13w0n9.jpg

Edited by bayslideblue

hmmm, will look into a nisstune - anyone know the rough cost +install?

also been looking at bikirom too, anyone know anybody running one? they have a daughterboard setup for er34's (same neo motor)