SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

There are a few posts around now on the Nistune. Also see the ordering page on the Nistune site for prices here. You want the Type 4 board; cost on that page when I last checked was $260AU plus $50 fitting? Something like that don't quote me. You send them your ECU and they fit the daughterboard, load your existing tune onto it, and send it back. You plug it back in and there's no change until tuned at a workshop which can tune the Nistunes (quite a few now, also check their "Workshops" page).

hmmm, will look into a nisstune - anyone know the rough cost +install?

also been looking at bikirom too, anyone know anybody running one? they have a daughterboard setup for er34's (same neo motor)

without a doubt go for Nistune, the support and experience of people using Nistune is only getting bigger and better. Bikirom, I can only think of one person (on these forums) running one. I haven't seen it in action, is it the Hex code style remap, or do they have a good user interface like Nistune does? Anyway, the biggest turn off of all these other Nissan rom tuners is they lack support.

You have to check the prices but I just got a Nistune chip, installation and also got a single software license so I can tune myself, for around $450 IIRC. the software was just over $100.

without a doubt go for Nistune, the support and experience of people using Nistune is only getting bigger and better. Bikirom, I can only think of one person (on these forums) running one. I haven't seen it in action, is it the Hex code style remap, or do they have a good user interface like Nistune does? Anyway, the biggest turn off of all these other Nissan rom tuners is they lack support.

You have to check the prices but I just got a Nistune chip, installation and also got a single software license so I can tune myself, for around $450 IIRC. the software was just over $100.

yeah i know a lot of ppl are running nissutne but the guy who makes biki is near where i am and a guy i know from a different forum swears my them, he has got an er34 ecu running a vg30 in a pulsar and he is always talking about how good they are

Finally fixed the 4wd and managed a high boost run

Figures are using a Dynapack so the figures are at the HUBS - 503 bhp with 440ftlbs toruque

stageadynorunnov09-1-1.jpg

Ive done one on a rolling road that came out at 606 at the wheels but thats not as accurate as the hubs figure

Best bit is that its got max tourque at about 4500 rpm and it does not tail off much till over 6000 rpm

Or about 377 awkw - very impressive indeed. Are you anywhere near a drag stip? Should be capabable of a really good time with the right tyres!

Unfortunately no and to be honest thats not what the car was built for but ..................

it would be rude not find them out even if its only once . :P

Tyres will have to be as fitted which are goodyear F1s 245 - 40 -18

I am shortly getting an Iphone and theres an app that can work out 0-60 times etc using the GPS . A few of the guys have tried it in the UK and it is supposed to be quite accurate. this will have to do untill I can find an airfield or similar.

I also beleive go with bellmouth, the split dumps do leak, even the trusted brand name ones, ive tried both world and found bellmouth is a way better road to go down :P

there is what is supposed to be and what happens on the dyno.

my experience was bellmouth = a whisker more power (back to back testing against a "quality name brand split dump)

either will do a better job than the standard one so you can't lose whichever way you go.

I also beleive go with bellmouth, the split dumps do leak, even the trusted brand name ones, ive tried both world and found bellmouth is a way better road to go down :P

I also believe go with split dump, the bell mouths do leak, even the trusted brand name ones, I've tried both and found split dumps a way better road to go down :(

Cheers

Gary

I also believe go with split dump, the bell mouths do leak, even the trusted brand name ones, I've tried both and found split dumps a way better road to go down :D

Cheers

Gary

others have dyno'd both back to back and found bellmouth to have slightly more power.

but different dyno different test conditions show split to be more power. so, ie , whatever floats your boat, buy it and be happy with it :huh:

Make sure, if you get a split dump, that the wastegate doesn't hit the flange and only open partially. Thats the reason I asked for a bellmouth.

bingo !

same

oh, plus half the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting there slowly. Now at 245rwkw. had hoped for more since it was on a 2wd dyno but I am assured that this one reads lower than the 4wd one I was on last time. Will know for sure on Monday as i have a track day at Hampton Downs circuit.

Changes since the last time - now with cooling pro stealth front mount, R33 GTR manual box and chopped the middle muffler out of the exhaust ....otherwise mods as per my sig below. Tuner doesn't quite have the hang of adjusting the IEBC yet but I am getting another boost solenoid and will try to be there for the next tune. post-49463-1259858865_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well after the sh1t-tacular results of sticking the C34 on the dyno I thought we might like to make a thread to post stagea dyno results in. ( or lack of results in my case !)

Any suggestions/comments are welcome ( positive of course ! )

post-36321-1260850732_thumb.jpg

first mods:

dyno1.jpg

second stage:

160awkw_dyno.jpg

third stage:

2007Tune-1.jpg

fourth stage:

scan0001-1.jpg

fifth stage:

190kw-1.jpg

sixth stage:

scan0001-3.jpg

seventh stage:

scan0001-2.jpg

eighth stage:

scan0004.jpg

issue being fixed on 6th january - adding stainless lowmount manifold, 4-pot brakes, engine oil cooler kit, wideband afr meter & oil pressure guage

expecting to see 250rwkw now Ive sorted out the rpm cut as seen on 7th stage

Well after the sh1t-tacular results of sticking the C34 on the dyno I thought we might like to make a thread to post stagea dyno results in. ( or lack of results in my case !)

Any suggestions/comments are welcome ( positive of course ! )

http://www.nistune.com/

Power and fuel consumption fixed at the same time :)

EDIT: just read that is on your to do list already... but being SAU I can't delete my own post!

You lost power in the last one, what was changed there?

I always thought dyno shootouts were done in 4th?

not for auto's

generally 2nd, or 3rd with the brown fuse near headlight pulled (stays stuck in 3rd that way)

last dyno of mine shows the rev cut I get with hi-boost mode. lo-boost mode it revs thru to 7200rpm again.... so will update with another tune early next yr