SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

where can i go for a cheap dyno run??? pref AWD, i remember back on the VW forums, when we had meetings the dyno days were 50 bucks, lunch etc all included. but that was a dyno day, i just want a dyno run.

anyone in sydney?

all runs in RWD >_<
Thats a good result from a stock turbo. More kw from now on start to get (more) expensive. Its good to try to work out your ultimate goal to save doing things twice. If you start going on the track/drags the tendency is to want more and more power without end! But for a road car 240kw is a fast car and 260 - 280 really fast.

If you figure that your turbo is going to blow one day then a rebuilt hybrid will get you up to say 220 on its own or 230 - 240 with bigger injectors and a Z32 afm.

If you want 260+ kw then I would seriously consider getting a Link or Vipec - then you can sell your SITC and SAFC and won't need a new afm or better boost controller. But you will need say a GT3076 or Hypergear turbo and bigger injectors and (depending on what you have now) a better fmic. And of course a top tune.

I finally got around to checking my car. Completely empty. hmmmmmmmmm

Do i have a leg to stand on at all with the company i brought the car off.

I'm suppost to be the first Aus owner and arnt they suppost to replace the cat upon compliancing?

What could be the next step in look at why its running 4psi?

I check the piping which comes from a metal pipe that runs around the back on the engine.

Then it splits into 2 and goes to each turbo!!!!!!

had car retuned to after some further mod's

current mod's

nismo fuel pump

nismo FPR

nismo 740cc inj

Z32 AFM

R34 PFC (c/o hills motorsport)

Greddy ProfectB spec II

Greddy inlet manifold

80mm hypertune throttle body

FMIC

Tomei Pon Cams

HKS 3037 kit inc high mount manifold and 50mm external gate

HKS 3" exhaust from turbo back

Manual conversion inc OS Twin Plate

final power figure 387hp at all four wheels on 1.3bar

A HUGE thanks to Sean and the guys at ALLSTAR GARAGE in Malaga WA

had car retuned to after some further mod's

current mod's

nismo fuel pump

nismo FPR

nismo 740cc inj

Z32 AFM

R34 PFC (c/o hills motorsport)

Greddy ProfectB spec II

Greddy inlet manifold

80mm hypertune throttle body

FMIC

Tomei Pon Cams

HKS 3037 kit inc high mount manifold and 50mm external gate

HKS 3" exhaust from turbo back

Manual conversion inc OS Twin Plate

final power figure 387hp at all four wheels on 1.3bar

A HUGE thanks to Sean and the guys at ALLSTAR GARAGE in Malaga WA

Over 290awkw - should be a flyer! Any plans for a 1/4mile time?

Over 290awkw - should be a flyer! Any plans for a 1/4mile time?

have never run it down the 1/4 mile since ive had the car but im sure i will once the street drag series starts again in WA. would hope to see a low 12 on streets.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the PNM35 on a 4wd dyno today. Absolutely stock, std filters exhaust, etc etc. Running a VQ35de. Dyno'd at 147.3kw- dynodynamics.

Flat Torque curve, running quite rich in the top end at 11.5:1 AFR

Pretty much as expected, V35's are running a little more, but you take into account auto-slushbox and 4WD loss to make up the difference!

I know, I know!!! Its being processed by the Minister for Finance and War...

Also that was on 95 pump, don't ask, the Mrs filled it up. :(

I had a chat to the guy, he said the biggest improvement he has seen on a V35 is a shot of NOS.... cue Fast and Furious moment... I couldn't believe it. But he said about 100kwatw and no engine damage :)

Prob won't be going back there for any work!

Edited by PN-Mad

I think nitrous is one of those things people are scared of.

Im not an expert by any means, but if you know what you are doing it is a very safe and cheap way to make good power at a very low cost.

Otherwise I can recommend some really nice twin turbo kits for you :( DO IT!!!

but if you know what you are doing it is a very safe and cheap way to make good power at a very low cost.

I guess thats the key... the consequences if you don't know what your doing are... not so good!

by the way... bbenny, I want your wheels. They are bloody awesome. Apparently they are no longer imported into Aus in that size by Avanti. I have an epic price on RPF1's in that size, but i don't think they suit. thoughts?

I guess thats the key... the consequences if you don't know what your doing are... not so good!

by the way... bbenny, I want your wheels. They are bloody awesome. Apparently they are no longer imported into Aus in that size by Avanti. I have an epic price on RPF1's in that size, but i don't think they suit. thoughts?

Yeah I was lucky enough to pick those up overseas at a steal! I was considering RPF1's they are much more understated, but look so tough!

With the RPF1's you have to get at least 9.5 wide of they have a really flat face - they need pull to look any good. Which is tough because the only one suitable then would be the 19x9.5 +42 running a 10mm spacer - but the really conservative offset doesnt give a huge amount of pull on the spokes.

Obviously the 19x8.5 +22 is perfect within the guards, but not enough pull....

Just wondering where in Adelaide would be a good place to take my stagea for a awd dyno?

They seem to be few and far between, Ive only had mine up on Willall's dyno - apparently thats the closest for me (and it aint close by). Ive heard there are others down south, but Im not sure on specifics.

had the stagea on the dyno with the 3076 .82 on.

everythn standard besides

exhaust 3 inch

fmic

pod

nistune

made a nice 240rwkw on 11psi.

cant wait for injectors pump and afm. im planing to run 17 to 18 psi and should make the 300 to 320kw mark. il let yas now how i go once i finish the mods.