SAU Community

Fun Vid and Oil cooler questions...

Hey there, just thought I'd put in a vid for you to all enjoy.....See below

http://pics.aus-cartalk.com/vicclub/Events.../videos/Brutus/

Also, I want to get my skyline happy at track days and was looking at puting an oil cooler in. I know there are HKS etc but they are rather expensive, due to the name perhaps???

Anyway, I know you can get Serck coolers which a lot of racecars use or the aluminium Permacool 'Rocket' coolers and they both have a good rep and they are half the price of the japanese coolers. My question is do any of you have experience with these coolers and know what sort of size I need.

The Serck I looked at was a 19 or 25 row with 12 guage fittings.

My car has mild mods but will be drivern HARD so I don't want it to get hot and go bang. Power is 200kw at rears and over 800nm torque. Runs low 12's in street trim but set up for circuit, hence big torque, mild power.

Any help, thoughts would be greatly appreciated

James

I think location is more important then size. Sure fit as big a cooler as you can squeeze in there, but a 19 row oil cooler is as big as i could fit in the front guard of my car whilst still having reasonable air flow.

You can have a cooler for $250, $120-150 for fittings and then $100 for lines and you are in business. If you want a remote filter then that adds another 4 fittings plus more line so count on it costing another $250-300.

Try Star Performance in Five Dock NSW. I have found them to offer the best pricing on good quality gear like Serck coolers and Speedflow fittings.