SAU Community

to cam or not to cam

NickR33

pistons, rod bolts, machining of crank, reco of head, cams, tuning + running in, maybe a cylinder bore, maybe GTR rods...the list goes on and on...

oh and the clutch that I replaced like 6 months ago is apparently fubar, it has blistering and heat damage, and the flywheel needs machining:(

and after all this my car will still be runnning the stock turbo...so I don't think a metal headgasket fits within my budget... the cams however will help performance...so there in;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... yeah one day... just have to get the rest of it right before I started upping the power... after all I destroyed the motor with the stock turbo so I'm doing everything properly this time...

When I do upgrade it will be something like the HKS 25xx range... it is a daily driven car so I don't want obscene power... somewhere around the 250rwkw would be nice... and a nice strong power curve, plenty of response, reliable etc blah blah you have heard it all before...

I am not out to win dyno comps or run 10sec 1/4 miles, but I would love to get out on the track... was almost there when the motor went...