SAU Community

Drag racing suspected in crash deaths-StKilda

Let Me Drive

Same thing happened to me today when I went into the office... people coming up to me, "did you hear about the skyline accident"... I'm like yeah, I knew about it before I got to work. Just because I drive a skyline doesnt mean I give a shit. It's incidents like this that make owning an import even harder... careless moron fcukwits.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I drive a skyline doesnt mean I give a shit. It's incidents like this that make owning an import even harder... careless moron fcukwits.
I agree.
i think P platers should have better training b4 they can drive
There is a reason for the power-to-weight ratio law - which makes it illegal for P-platers to drive these type of cars. Worse still is they then modify them for even more power and expect to keep them on the road - without traction control or much actual driving experience.

In this instance I don't know for sure what happened but I have seen plenty of p-platers doing sideways driving on the street - its only a matter of time before they hit a pole, seen it too many times but not just skylines either!

Flame Suit On :)

No I agree mate, too many P platers in R33's etc. I mean if I can wait untill I'm 21 to drive a turbo so can everyone else in my opinion. I don't care what ANYONE says R33 Turbos are a handfull for drivers on P's and for all you P platers about to flame don't bother, We are older, We've been there and we know better :)

NismoR34 mate i kinda agree with you im on my P's and i do have a skyline... but i dont go round trying to make it drift i respect my car and it's power... it would be good to see the cops have tollerance for people who do the right thing, to just pull someone over for nothing and drill them i dont see fair... but i also find most of the time the people causing half the Drift and Drag problems are VL drivers....

NismoR34 mate i kinda agree with you im on my P's and i do have a skyline... but i dont go round trying to make it drift i respect my car and it's power... it would be good to see the cops have tollerance for people who do the right thing, to just pull someone over for nothing and drill them i dont see fair... but i also find most of the time the people causing half the Drift and Drag problems are VL drivers....

Yes for some people, perhaps there should be tolerance but how do they workout the good drivers from the bad?

From the start of this year up until about July I was getting pulled over "randomly" at least once a month - police were generally nice to me but it was getting annoying.

The reasons I kept getting pulled over [police have told me these things]:

* the type of car i drive

* being on dandenong rd [i live just off it in malvern east so hard to avoid really]

* the reputation drivers of these cars have generated

* cars like this street racing

* etc

yea na mate i agree with you i have been driving since i was 16 on me l's and drove cars from me mums front wheel mazda to a rear wheel V6. When on me L's i admit in the V6 i was a lil stupid burnouts etc... but when i got my lancer which is gutless as .... i learnt to respect the and the road and it's rules never been booked for nothing... now that i have my skyline it's the same deal.. i dont drive the car because it's powerful i drive it because of my passion for cars... i just feel it should come down to a person by person situation not be judged on what everyone else does and how they drive... it's always the small group that wrecks it for everyone i say....

Its sad to see situations like this occuring, could it be too much power not enough experience?? I could also be the fact the guy had his mates in the car and he pushed it too hard!!! People should never drive out of their comfort zones!!!

In my opinon first car buyers should buy something else as a first car to get used to driving, then when purchasing a faster car as a second car you have general driving experience, although it is still alot different especially in adverse conditions. An advanced driving course would be a good idea!!!

take it easy

Mark

Fair enough it is hard to distinguish between good and bad drivers but to pull you over constantly is just ridicules. if you were speeding or what ever fine but to pull you over for no reason is my argument... sure it's hard they want to stop people doing stupid stuff but i believe only pull someone over for doing the wrong thing.... as the law apparently say you are innocent until proven guilty.. which should mean don’t pull someone over unless they are doing something wrong don’t assume they will do the wrong thing..

Marvic.

I understand your point, but......

How much is one life worth? Is it worth being pulled up every now and then? Is it worth your time? How would you feel if your brother or sister or mother or father or girlfriend was killed by a ****wit in a speeding car? What if it was P Plater ILLEGALLY driving a car which they shouldn't have been? How much blood would you want to extract from that person?

Then think that maybe, if that person was pulled over for no reason days before running your loved one over, he/she may have toned down their driving and not killed somebody.

I'm not getting up on my high horse or anything like that, but at the end of the day, you're driving a car illegally and similar car just killed somebody. If you were the cop who had to scrape some kids head off a pole, you'd probably pull people over too.

Also, you had to have known than when you bought the car that the Police would have an interest in you. You just gotta deal with it.

Sometimes we gotta look at things from a fact basis. Not emotionally.

BASS OTU