SAU Community

New Holden Torana Concept

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

why a small v8 remember the 253 hard reving going nowere piece of junk that no matter how much money you threw at it was never geting any better :thankyou:

I Think the reference was to small car with a V8, not a small V8. 5000? etc

Now that's nice. A TT HFV6 in a great looking car that isn't tank sized. Where do I sign up :cheers:

Up until recently, I really disliked the local offerings. Pushrods and SOHC with no proper VVT were the best you could get. Pathetic for this day and age really. Now they actually make something worth buying. It looks like the Aussie car industry is finally getting its act together.

looks are deciving...

If they did produce it, i'm sure they would cut out all that fancy shmancy shite like tv screen. Either way, it's an interesting CONCEPT (which is what it is meant to be).

Like someone else said... The Monaro was never going to be produced... :rollseyes:

How about Holden be true to the origional design concept of the late 60's and early seventies....

Give me the LC GTR any days.....MMMmmm GTR :)

(True torana fans will know there is a gtr, not just the japanese Hi-po version of skyline :P)

it'd be pretty quick but its not a torana, does anyone know what they do with the concept cars after the shows are over?

and PHAT32 i love the typhoon ass well but i just can't get over how stupid that name is. it would be debadged quicker than a gtr in bankstown if i got one

I prefer the old L34's.. SLR5000's... Gotta luv that hard edge raw V8 feel. :D

Still remember when my old man restored one when I was young..

Drove down the street with no doors/interior/seats & dash sitting in the back watching dad sit on his milk crate as he hooned around the block.

Went pretty damn hard for a mild 5ltr with a 500 holley sitting on top.

The idle was awesome.

Even had the old' gold hot wires if any 1 remembers them :)

Canary yellow with the black bonnet etc.. Was a damn nice car when he finished with it.

Then what did mum say "Its not an old mans car its a young mans car, Sell it!"