SAU Community

Opinions: Is this an old mans car?

I'd like some opinions please :confused: will all the tossers lately in trying to source am R34 GTR, we're sort leaning towards a "so called" equivalent eg: coupe, comfortable 4seater, has some presence...blah blah blah. The only thing we could think of is a CL500, but after speaking to a few mates, they reckon its an old mans car :rolleyes: .??? But after slapping on some 19/20" inch brabus wheels will it still look like an old mans car?

Mercedes%20CL-Klasse%20Side%20Grey%2020%20inch%20Brabus%20Wheels%20View.jpg

11.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say, it is an old mans car :rolleyes:

out of the merc range, i would take an SL65/55 AMG anyday. that has to be on the best looking big convertibles ever, a beast! AND faster than a 911 turbo convertible (might come in handy)

although, if i were after something with room/boot, i would choose an E55 AMG.

if only they offered manuals eh ;)

Bass that's a classic line. :rolleyes: , but I've just turned 30 and the bro is 33.. so dunno if we are classified old - though sometimes I feel it.

sikII (an E55 you reckon.. hmmm now there's a nice car ;) ), you're right about depreciation, the only reason we really thought about it, is because a dealer we know may have one, at a pretty good price.

They dont look so bad if you throw abit of money at them, but stock they dont really draw attention because of the paint colours mercedes used, to me they just look like any other Mercedes Benz id see in the city.

The rims are 11x20 ET36 and the tires are 285/25, front wheels are 10x20 ET36, 255/30

mypic96.jpgmypic97.jpg

If you were after a merc SL55 amg, my unlce has one.......fastes auto to 300 in the world. BUT ITS AN OLD MAN CAR!!!!! get the 34 mesh

SL55, they're for the really really really rich folk. I dunno if we have a lazy 400K lying around.. hang on let me have a look.

Looking...

Still Looking...

Hang on I think I found something...

:dump: .. Nah just a big turd.

PS: The SL55 is not the fastest anymore, so tell your uncle to trade it in for an SLR :rolleyes:

That LARS K one looks damn nice, but I certainly wouldn't be paying that much money for a SOHC engine. I haven't been in one, but I do hear they go quite nicely. I'd still take the R34 though.

Kind of off topic, but it involves luxury cars. My dream car is a Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition (Lexus GS300 with a VVTi 2JZ-GTE). I was considering buying a locally delivered GS300 and dropping the V300 engine in, but it was a bit out of my price range. It's not a coupe though, so it's not really what you're after. I'm not too sure why I even mentioned it :rolleyes: