SAU Community

Opinions: Is this an old mans car?

Nice cars the merc, but how could you even consider it over a r34 gtr. I would take a GTR34 over anything! The best value for money car as i see it. I prefer them to ferrari's and lamb's. Anything!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate.

Next time your in Sydney drop buy and try out my car - I don't know how you could look anywhere else :D:)

There is something to be said for walking into a dealership and actually seeing the car before buying though. Wheres the adventure there???? :Pimp2:

Heres something to look at while you think it over :D

BeforeCompliance-GTR-001-resized.jpg

Mate.

Next time your in Sydney drop buy and try out my car - I don't know how you could look anywhere else :):D

There is something to be said for walking into a dealership and actually seeing the car before buying though. Wheres the adventure there???? :Pimp2:

Heres something to look at while you think it over :D

Point taken Kris... Looking at your car is like falling in love all over again :love: .. Has your car arrived already??

PS: Kris you once PM'd me that website with all the auction results.. I can't find it & hoping you'd be able to send it again or post it up :D

meshmesh THATS YOU?

i have always wondered who the intruder in the e55 is on trackdays(not ones i have been to but that e55 is always in the pictures!) i always think, who is that hoon and wat the hell are they doing in an e55 lol.

no i know..

That LARS K one looks damn nice, but I certainly wouldn't be paying that much money for a SOHC engine. I haven't been in one, but I do hear they go quite nicely. I'd still take the R34 though.

Kind of off topic, but it involves luxury cars. My dream car is a Toyota Aristo V300 Vertex Edition (Lexus GS300 with a VVTi 2JZ-GTE). I was considering buying a locally delivered GS300 and dropping the V300 engine in, but it was a bit out of my price range. It's not a coupe though, so it's not really what you're after. I'm not too sure why I even mentioned it :D

hey, there is one for sale right now, look on carsales.com.au

and its on a forum but i cant remember which one. buy it!

Simon, 30 and looking for a car of that price range. You are doing pretty good mate, and the boat too........

What the hell, get one of each!!!! I am available for technical inspections and road tests.

*adopts AMP ad voice over* AMG????????? AMG!!! :D

G0DF4Th3R - the only thing that CL is missing in your pic are some "Autosalon babes" and some decent plates.. hmmm how about PIMPIN :D By the way, you're (mate/or not??) nicholas with the Silver 34 tuned by that guy from japan, was one that I added to the list of time wasters... no hard feelings.

Geoff check your email, some update pics on the boat.

hey, there is one for sale right now, look on carsales.com.au  

and its on a forum but i cant remember which one. buy it!

Yeah? I can't find it, but I'll keep searching. Sounds like exactly what I want.

The German cars are good, but I'll take Japanese turbo luxury any day :D

EDIT: found it - I was looking in the dealer cars. I sooo want it :D

Simon the boat is going to look sweet.

Can't agree on the Jap turbo luxury Mic, but the V8 Soarer is pretty good living for the cost. I'd prefer an AMG though...or even better Brabus

meshmesh, its somewhat an old mans car... most young guys can't tell a Merc apart but something like a R34 GTR is likely the most sought after item for anyone with a turbo/import.

Having driven most of the top end gear from Mercedes including CL500, CL55 and CL600, I'd have to say I absolutely love these things; would have to stretch to a 55 or a 600 even if I was serious about one, but I'm sure the 500 would be a suitable enough cruiser :D

Simon the boat is going to look sweet.

Can't agree on the Jap turbo luxury Mic, but the V8 Soarer is pretty good living for the cost. I'd prefer an AMG though...or even better Brabus

Don't get me wrong - I'd love pretty much all the high performance German cars, but there's something I just love about turbos - and Mercedes can't offer that to me.

Porsche and Audi on the other hand...

Geoff, we can't wait either.. "they maybe using the artwork progress over a couple of issues in some power boat magazine"

Morgs, the 500 isn't the most powerful of engines, and in something that way 2tonne, we wouldn't be getting anywhere in a hurry... it was just one of those spontanious trains of thought (which happen quite often :D unfortunately) But the revival thanks (Kris) sewid, brought back a reality check... so for now anyway, we're back on the 34 train...choo choo

Happy to hear it too. :D Its true, a decent R34 GTR can be imported from Japan under SEVS, sight unseen (auction photos arent really anything) and turn out just great. And you can save yourself $10 - 35k in the process (as opposed to buying one already here from an private/import yard sale).

pfft, all this talk of Mercedes, BMW all the waaaaaaay baby!! :) Simon, your list includes the following.... :D

1. New BMW M5 complete with V10

#: 507 horsies (380kw's) but can run with ONLY 400hp (298kw's) in economy mode. Not sure if this is where they shut off 2 cylinders? Because the current M5 V8 is 298kw's. So rip snortoring power, but also economical. Isn't THAT handy given current fuel prices.

#: 0 - 100, under 5 seconds.

#: 8000+rpm

#: 7 Speed

2. BMW M3 CSL

#: Epitome of performance in my opion. 265kw's from only 3.2ltrs N/A Straight six. Carbon fibre roof, glass fibre composite seats, 19" rims, and those awesome Michellin Pilot Cup(??) tyres. Quicker than a 911 GT3 around Winton.

3. 996 911 Turbo

#. In all seriousness, when you look at these cars just think R34 GTR but better. Very similar makeup. 3.6 flat six Twin Turbo vs. 2.6 straight six Twin Turbo. Both have torque distribution style 4WD's, ableit Porsche's arugably better. Both coupes. Both got killer brakes. I know these are $315k new or $330k for the slighty hgiher output one, not sure what they are 2nd hand. But i reckon they are very similar to R34 GTR's just slightly better all round. But i think this more due to restrictions the Japanese had when developing the R34.

Or GT3, GT2 would suffice as well.

But those above cars are serious $$'s. $200K +, so R34 GTR with $20k spent on it, blow em all away. :D Go the R34 GTR

no MERC!!! :D

cheers.