SAU Community

Opinions: Is this an old mans car?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW are more drivers car. But i'm the same, except i haven't owned any :D Just been brought up around them (dad's cars) 320i, 528i now 530i. Trying to talk him into a E46 M3, he's due to change soon :)

If i JUST wanted to cruise, i MIGHT think about Benz for half a second :D Altho i'm not totally digging the new BMW style, and Mercs i must say, some looke better than their respective BMW models. S over 7, E over 5. But i like the 3 and Z4 over the C and Kompressor. IMO

Anyways, to Simon, how u gone about looking for a R34? Looking locally or you going to go the whole import thing?

cheers.

Aaaaahh Daniel... I'm guessing you're sicilian or calabrese "That hard head of yours :D".. always a BMW man. You think benz are just cruisers ha, let me know what you think of this "upcoming" cruiser from mercedes??

img06.jpg

PS: We've got number 1 on order for the AMG version (hopefully 65 not 55) don't bother ordering VIC plates, we have them all CLS.1 + CLS.55 + CLS.65

Did somebody say "old mans car"? My GrandFather wouldn't drive that merc *from post #1 *, he's too young for that..... The Gentlemens Agreements states you're actually not allowed to drive that car unless you're 80 or older & on you're 3rd artificial heart...:looney:

Aaaaahh Daniel... I'm guessing you're sicilian or calabrese "That hard head of yours :D".. always a BMW man. You think benz are just cruisers ha, let me know what you think of this "upcoming" cruiser from mercedes??  

img06.jpg  

PS: We've got number 1 on order for the AMG version (hopefully 65 not 55) don't bother ordering VIC plates, we have them all CLS.1 + CLS.55 + CLS.65

How about CLSAMG? :)

Don't get me wrong - I'd love pretty much all the high performance German cars, but there's something I just love about turbos - and Mercedes can't offer that to me.

Porsche and Audi on the other hand...

Mercedes has a turbo soulution for you..

how about a current SL65 AMG, its a 6 litre twin turbo v12, with 1000nm of torque, and i forget (about450?) kw...

auto only, but im sure its quick enough, and turbo :)

get the gs300! not bad eh..

Mercedes has a turbo soulution for you..

how about a current SL65 AMG, its a 6 litre twin turbo v12, with 1000nm of torque, and i forget (about450?) kw...

auto only, but im sure its quick enough, and turbo :P

get the gs300! not bad eh..

The 600s (eg SL600, CL600) are also twin turbo. But the 600s are only 5.5 litre with about 500hp and 800nm torque.

a Merc is definitely not old man's car...not unless its an old rust bucket merc...it's a rich bastard's [old or young] car...Just saw a L plater driving a CLK320 (convertible) zoom past couple hrs ago.

If i am one of them rich bastards I'd have more than one AMG Merc.

umm isnt an m3 only 160k?

not really 200k+

and datsss bloody nice........

ummmmmmmm SL55 *drooolz*.........why get a low model of merc when you can get the highest/top model of jap import in an R34 GTR. ITs like a boxter vs r34gtr...there isnt a choice at all....r34 gtr all the way.....but a porshe carerra GT3...now dats a different story......

the M3 is question is the CSL which is over 200K and as far as i know there arent anymore thats you can buy new.

im a skyline owner and a very happy one at that but nissan compared to mercedes benz???

sorry guys but im going the merc

but then again ill always go euro over jap

im a skyline owner and a very happy one at that but nissan compared to mercedes benz???

sorry guys but im going the merc

but then again ill always go euro over jap

Personal preference, its something we all have. But if I have $200,000 to spend on a car. I can buy

A: Some Real nice luxury reasonably quick Merc

or

B: A r34 GTR with about $100,000 worth of mods to it....

I think i'll be taking the 10 second car! I'd love a faster car over a more luxury car. The skylines give ya what ya need anyway in regards of power steering, windows, climate control, stuff like that. Guess i just like a car that feels like a non-stop roller coaster :P

How about CLSAMG? :P

Ok Ronin.. maybe most of them except that one.. Initially the car was expected to be called a CLE so we ordered a set of those plates aswell, I think vicroads are having a ball with half the plates we've ordered over the years... this tuesday we're going to the launch of the new 911 at porsche Melbourne, who knows we might have a skitzo attack and consider a 911 instead :slap:

The person who has the GTR R34 sitting under the tree next to the garage should be slapped.

I hope you're joking.

Where i choose to park my car for a few minutes for a quick photo is not any of your business.

Ok Ronin.. maybe most of them except that one.. Initially the car was expected to be called a CLE so we ordered a set of those plates aswell, I think vicroads are having a ball with half the plates we've ordered over the years... this tuesday we're going to the launch of the new 911 at porsche Melbourne, who knows we might have a skitzo attack and consider a 911 instead :slap:

Mesh, you have 2 much $$, give me some :rofl:

Have you sold the 33 yet?

:rofl::(:D

Starts chant... GT3! GT3! GT3!

I believe they have a red GT3 available for immediate delivery, possibly a black one with roll cage (though I think it has been sold) ;)