SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

what spring rate is the sydneykid stuff? and is it much different to the whiteline? tein's are 4/4, and take 10weeks... sydneykid is proving impossible to order thru, so looks like i have to go thru whiteline, got two blown shox :thumbsup:

just confirmed for my spring rates yesterday. They are 8kg/mm for the front and 7kg/mm for the rears. This is for the Tein HA made specifically for 260rs and the vavlving changed over to oz specs.

what spring rate is the sydneykid stuff? and is it much different to the whiteline? tein's are 4/4, and take 10weeks... sydneykid is proving impossible to order thru, so looks like i have to go thru whiteline, got two blown shox :P

Sydneykid's kits use Whiteline bars and Bilstein shocks, and all the info (part numbers, etc.) is in the beginning of this thread or the other (group buy) thread, so if worst comes to worst and he can't be reached then you should be able to source most parts quite easily.

are his revalved? if not, i will be ordering 33gtr fronts, gtst rears tomorrow, worry about the rest later.

Goldzilla, you dont happen to have a contact number for him by any chance?

-Ryan

are his revalved? if not, i will be ordering 33gtr fronts, gtst rears tomorrow, worry about the rest later.

-Ryan

look you have to wait for good stuff. If its a bad stuff you dont have to wait like a moroes suspension you can get it anywhere.

Just wait for Sk get his setting and you are set for a few years.

-Ryan

No, I don't have his number unfortunately Ryan. But I have met him and spoken to him extensively, and he knows his sh!t, so like Yudi says, it'll be worth the wait if you order through him...

getting bilsteins new for now, as driving on blown shockers isnt exactly sensible, then going to do the rest of his package and get a guy i know to valve the shocks to match.

-Ryan

getting bilsteins new for now, as driving on blown shockers isnt exactly sensible, then going to do the rest of his package and get a guy i know to valve the shocks to match.

-Ryan

Are just going to cange the shocks only? or with the springs? I suggest you do both at the same time. Sk has moded the valving as per his own calculation. If the guy you know is good enough to do the calculation then go ahead. If i were you probably i would just go and buy a heap ass shock to whack it in first and wait for Sk if you are that desperate. I assume the stag is your only car?

Wjat im trying to say is dont waste your money just wait for Sk man. I think its well worth it.

just checked SK's profile guys

FYI

In Topic: R33 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sorry for the delay in responding, especially to PM's. The video card in my home PC died and it took me 4 days to find out what it was and fix it. So I am about 110 PM's behind at the moment and trying hard to catch up. Add that to the workload at Superior Suspension (12 to 14 hours a day, 6 days a week) and it will take me a few days to answer everyone.

Hang in there, if you have transferred money, it's safe, I am not going to run off to Brazil with it. You won't miiss out, the Group Buy isn't going to end soon as I have spent some time with Bilstein securing the shock supply for a couple of months at least.

Advanced warning, I am off to the US for 5 weeks from 1st October to 5th November. Checking out some east coast action, Detroit, Chicago, Daytona and the SEMA show in Vegas. So when I don't respond to PM's or emails in that period, I am sure you will understand why.

cheers

just an FYI on his behalf so we know what's going on

does any body know that castor rod bushings can be replace easily or not? say cuscos castor rod with whiteline bushing. or once the bushing is shagged you have to throw away the whole thing?

http://page14.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s67417831

In the link above items, are they the so call caster kits?

Hey Yudi, re-use original castor rods, Whiteline castor bushes part # KCA332/$150 a pair approximately = to suit 260RS series 1, (dunno about series 2) from any Whiteline dealer. Noltec equivalent (dunno part #, phone Wilkinson Suspension, Perth WA for part #) They quoted $75 a pair approximately. Original bushes tight, used a mandrel about 0.5mm less than dia of outer metal ring on original bushings, start to move/press out at around 5 tonne, press in easier with "must use" white grease supplied. Just have to keep 'em correctly aligned until they "pop in" is all.

I used guide rod through centre offset adjusting bush to sorta keep things in line plus oversize mandrel for install, until poly bush was more or less in place. Also decided pretty much where I wanted centre (offset drilled) locating bolt/castor bias to be before pressing everything together. Take care not to damage fine threads on rearward fixing studs during ticklish re-assembly. Have fun. No problems yet but next job in that department will most likely be reco/renew power steering pump. Sure does load up steering felt through steering wheel.

Cheers >_<

Hey Yudi, re-use original castor rods, Whiteline castor bushes part # KCA332/$150 a pair approximately = to suit 260RS series 1, (dunno about series 2) from any Whiteline dealer. Noltec equivalent (dunno part #, phone Wilkinson Suspension, Perth WA for part #) They quoted $75 a pair approximately. Original bushes tight, used a mandrel about 0.5mm less than dia of outer metal ring on original bushings, start to move/press out at around 5 tonne, press in easier with "must use" white grease supplied. Just have to keep 'em correctly aligned until they "pop in" is all.

I used guide rod through centre offset adjusting bush to sorta keep things in line plus oversize mandrel for install, until poly bush was more or less in place. Also decided pretty much where I wanted centre (offset drilled) locating bolt/castor bias to be before pressing everything together. Take care not to damage fine threads on rearward fixing studs during ticklish re-assembly. Have fun. No problems yet but next job in that department will most likely be reco/renew power steering pump. Sure does load up steering felt through steering wheel.

Cheers :P

Hi Wicksy,

we are talking about the front castor rods right? You mean Wilkinson Suspension, Perth WA have the adjustable bushes for the 260rs for $75/pair? Does it make a lot of difference? in terms of handling after having more castor? let me know

Yudy

more positive castor makes a difference although stageas will only let you wind on a smaller amount than skylines. worthwhile investment.

i have the noltec adjustable rods rather than whiteline bushes.

why would you rather have Nolec compared to the whitelines? cos of quality , pricing? Whats the part number to Noltecs?