SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

How wide are your rims? Excessively wide rims will not help your roadholding. I have 17 x 9 (with 255 40 17 tyres) and use 15mm spacers to clear the shocks and have pushed out the guards a little. My shocks are Bilsteins with Tein Springs which are about 20% harder than stock. My ride height is 340 front and 330 rear. You can use BC coilovers. If your rims are getting in the way of some good suspension change them. My rear sway bar is the BNR11XX 24mm. When I track my car I have 17 x 8.5in rims with slicks.

. Sorry! i can't edit my posts. My

I've read about 30+ pages and scoured the Internet for a few weeks and I can't find a definitive answer.

I don't think i can use aftermarket coilovers as i only have a cm of clearance from the stock shock to the rim and i have a cm of poke so i can't use spacers.

What lowered springs fit the standard stagea shocks?

I've read a few threads where people say that 33gtr front springs and 33gtst rear springs fit the standard stagea shocks. But from reading these posts it seems as though they're confusing springs with shocks with coilovers, as everyone has said the 33gtst rears have a larger top hat. So in theory the springs will not fit the standard stagea shock?

The stock stagea spring rates are Front - 2.9 & Rear - 3.1 Most aftermarket spring rates are in the mid 3's F&R So this should compensate for the heavier rear end?

Please i really need some help as information is scarce!

I would like to track the car, but it will probably never happen, most of my driving is at the posted 70kph with plenty of round abouts and sharp corners, I like the car to feel less boaty (rims made a huge difference), this is my reason for harder lower springs and sway bars. Just coilovers wont give as good of an upgrade, is this correct?

I've tried to give as much information as possible.

I've also emailed a few companies but have not received any replies.

What lowered springs fit the standard stagea shocks?

My rims are 9.5" wide on the rear with 245/35/19.

I measured the clearance: 15mm rim to shock. 10mm shock collar to tyre. 5mm poke.

ride height: 400 front. 370 rear.

The handling from 19" rims was outstanding, coming from 225/50/16 & 205/55/16 with 32 & 36 & 38 & 40psi. I've tried a few combos ha. and would like to keep these rims.

I could use some 10mm spacers, but once BC's are lowered the spring would hit the tyre wouldn't it?

Do you know the code off your teins? Their website doesn't list any springs for the skyline or stagea.

Thank you again Bob you've been a big help with things!

I have Tein "S" tech

Front Tein F-SIN78-101311-HCC

Rear Tein R-SIN79-010382-HCC

Shocks are labelled "Nismo" but are actually made by Bilstein

Front Nismo 56110-RSC45 ENP

Rear Nismo 53210-RSC 45 ENP

If you have 245 tyres (narrower than mine!) you only need 8 or 8.5in rims - the extra width won't be helping but just get in the way.

My rims are 9.5" wide on the rear with 245/35/19.

I measured the clearance: 15mm rim to shock. 10mm shock collar to tyre. 5mm poke.

ride height: 400 front. 370 rear.

The handling from 19" rims was outstanding, coming from 225/50/16 & 205/55/16 with 32 & 36 & 38 & 40psi. I've tried a few combos ha. and would like to keep these rims.

I could use some 10mm spacers, but once BC's are lowered the spring would hit the tyre wouldn't it?

Do you know the code off your teins? Their website doesn't list any springs for the skyline or stagea.

Thank you again Bob you've been a big help with things!

tein-super-flex-wagon-coilovers.jpg

This is a picture from adams rear tein coilovers. Judging from the shock length and cir clips, it should lower my stag 2-3" before the cir clip will touch the tyre. What do you think?

Yeah i know the rims are quite large form the rear, but they look amazing and i got them for a good price. I'm not willing to sell and buy new rims atm

LOL I'm an idiot, no way they're fitting in the rear.

Found a thread from '08 everyone agreed that

gtr33 springs fit the front & 33gtst springs fit the rear. I'm guessing the is for an rs4s?

Found another thread from the whiteline group buy

34gtr spring fit the front & 32gtr springs fit the rear. I'm guessing this is for an rs4 S1?

I don't like wasting money buying things and finding out they don't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you wk! I've been checking a lot of catalogues and it said r32 gtst fronts fit and te rear 32 gtst is the same as a gtr

A guy on eBay selling teins also told me r32 gtst fit front and rear.

Could anyone else confirm?

Mine where put together by EVO R in Perth they are std coilovers. From what I remb it was 32/33 gtr tops and lower for the front and s15 tops with 33 gtst lower for the rear. But not 100% on that.

Btw think u might beable to undo the lower part of the coilover to adjust the length

S15 tops with 33 bottoms for the rear?

Couldn't I use my stagea std tops on 33 rear bottoms?

Info from king springs and this thread:

Front:

Kdfl101sp - 380mm - 175lb - 3.125kg

Kdfl101 - 360mm - 1st Inch 135 inch pound, remaining 180 Inch Pound

Rear:

Kdrs87 - 360mm - 195lb - 3.48kg

Kdrl102 - lower than kdrs87 - 155lb

Kdfl101sp & kdfl101 & kdrs87 has been used buy an awd stagea owner/customer of kings, and these are the measurements taken.

I have bought a brand new 24mm rear swaybar kit and a 22mm front swaybar for very cheap.

This should stop any camber/shock rubbing issues with hard cornering. Eventually I will get a stock front stagea strut brace to use in the rear.

Kdfl101sp and kdrs87 are the springs I will be using. Unsure how it will handle with .32 harder springs in the rear as most people use softer rears.

Is there anything anyone would like to add? Or disagree with?

King springs are usually $120-150 to your door for a set. Cusco $140 from jap unsure on shipping probs $300 all up, stagea front $60-$100 to your door, and it matches the front with the sticker ha.

Do you know if I could use my std tops on 33 bottoms? I've never seen either of them out of the car, I can't see why not?

Why don't you think I should bother with kings? I know you can get teins that are $330 to door and front - 4.2kg. Rear - 3.6kg. I think these would be a lil stiff for the standard shocks and would bounce a lot. What do you think?

How low was your vl? What's shocks were used? What condition? What were the spring rates? What other mods did you have?

A friend had a vs with ssl with shortened Monroe gas all brand new and it was bouncy and would thump on large bumps. While I had an ef with 2" lowered lovells with shortened kyb shocks that were a package and that was very comfy yet firm and handled well. Bushes played a large roll in this, and rim/tyre size too.

I'm far from an expert in suspension, but I believe the shocks need to match the springs for a good yet comfy ride. That's why I'm leaning towards kings as they're 0.2 heavier in the front and 0.7 heavier in the rear.

The stagea is 200kg heavier than a 33gtst. And that's not 200kg of weight in just the rear, that would be in the front suspension/diff, electric seats, gearbox, rear glass, sound deadening. I would say the stagea is only 50-100kg heavier in the rear than a 33gtst as a 33gtr is 100kg heavier than a 33gtst.

This is why I think 33gtst shocks will work fine in the rear. It's like having a family or car pooling. I do neither.

Does anyone here had experience with Jamex Super Lows Springs? I read alot of conflicting reviews about them. Are they any good? or just waste of money.

Does anyone here had experience with Jamex Super Lows Springs? I read alot of conflicting reviews about them. Are they any good? or just waste of money.

I remember reading something about them (perhaps in this thread somewhere), but i would also like to know other opinions..

Got it all sorted now, i got recommended to see the guys at Light Suspention and wheel alignment. Only cost $90.
10kg springs in the front with -1 degree camber, 8kg springs in the rear with -1 degree camber.
The car now drives like a dream, it just needs bigger sway bars and it'll be sweet.

post-96094-0-98881600-1366687720_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know the part number for M35 stagea front lower ball joint?

I've brought a set from here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250697175942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_827wt_1163

put it in and there is lots of movement after the install. I've notice that the ball joint i've got is missing a "cap" that the original have on top of the rubber.

Any suggestion?