SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

Well I'm not planning on lowering it for the time being, I may decide to one day maybe but I have already scraped the front bar comming in and out of some places (they have been a little steep though) and I do take the car on holidays and camping etc so I will probably just fill the guards with wheel size rather than lowering it.

But if the standard Nissan ones will cost more than the Bilsteins (and I'm guessing there is no aftermarket equivilent that are properly valved for Stagea's and not just GTR / GTS-T combo kits) then will the Bilsteins be fine with the standard springs (this may seem like a dumb question, but I'd rather be sure as suspension isn't one of my stronger points :) ).

Thanks again guys.

will the Bilsteins be fine with the standard springs

Yes, I ran mine for several months like that. I used the additional circlip grooves on the Group Buy Bilsteins to lower it, around 24 mm worked OK.

:P cheers :)

I dunno where this belongs

But

Any S chassis or Skyline diferential works in the stagea

I put an S13 differential in my stagea

ALl i had to do was change the input shaft for the driveshaft

and the rear cover

THen just bolt it up

you do need to find shorter bolts for the front two mounts as it will mount directly to your subframe now.

Hi SK,

what if the stock runs out for the blistein for the stagea? Will i be able to get hold of it later on down the road? Say next year?

Also howu much in differnce in price between a whiteline and einach springs? Much difference in performance?

Edited by stasis

• 3 weeks later...
hhaha

i have to have one after the beating i take from you guys!

:thumbsup::);)

hehehehh!!!! but anyways are the spring rates usable in Oz? Like 8/6 is comfy in Japan but wat about oz road condition?

man im tellin you

my roads suck

like seroiusly dude

we have potholes, dips, crazy inclines everywhere

8/6 in a stagea is great

8/6 is too soft in a 180 to me so it is hella comfy in a car that weighs 1000 lbs more

man im tellin you

my roads suck

like seroiusly dude

we have potholes, dips, crazy inclines everywhere

8/6 in a stagea is great

8/6 is too soft in a 180 to me so it is hella comfy in a car that weighs 1000 lbs more

i hit a bumpy road the other day traveling like 120kph and the car when all over the road!!! The suspension that i have now is JECS. And guess who OWN JECS?! Hitachi!! i think.

But yea i want to know whether with 8/6 will cause the car to go all over the road when it hit bumpy road at high speed?! Thats why Sk set up os very tempting. But the setup that i want is the one with eibach springs which costs like A$2.2k. That will have to wait till i saved up first.

your springs are like 40% of the equation

the shocks are the big thing

no matter what spring rate you have, if your shocks dont haev good bound and rebound dampning its horrible ride

well

tein is a good company becuase their valving and spring rates are more um.....less extreme

their valving isnt as harsh, and spring rates are normally 1-2k lower than other brands.

nope

all it takes is a few items

I tHINK the lower bolt is 19mm on front and rear (i think)

top 2 on the rear are 12mm

top 3 on the front are 14mm

and take it off

(after you take off wheels obviously)

nope

all it takes is a few items

I tHINK the lower bolt is 19mm on front and rear (i think)

top 2 on the rear are 12mm

top 3 on the front are 14mm

and take it off

(after you take off wheels obviously)

ok thanks will try to change the suspension when i get the shocks late next week