SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

HELP!!!

I've finally put the bilstein's in, but the spring hat on the drivers rear side is rubbing slightly on the tyre.

Apart from raising the car up (its on circlip groove 3 from bottom), is there anyway l can fix this? Its not rubbing much, so will l just wear part of the tyre away before it stops rubbing, or could things get worse.

not a good idea to add positive camber that will wreck your tyres assuming you are running it on the road.

what you really need is wheel spacers, or even better a different offset wheel to clear it properly

don't run it as is, rubbing the tyre is bad news

nooooooooooo

not literally POSITIVE camber

i meant as in adjust your factory camber arm to move it out a bit.

Not like +camber..my bad.

i mena, if its just lightly rubbing, a small camber adjustment might fix it

but like duncan said, a lower offset wheel will fix all

• 3 weeks later...

my stagea has nismo s-tune suspension. is this height adjustable in any way? or can it be adapted to be height adjustable? im pretty sure it is damper adjustable, looking at the strut tops (there is a numbered dial on top).

Any help would be appreciated.

as in circlip grooves like SK's whiteline/bilstein kits? I will check it out.

Anyone have much experience with nismo s-tunes? decent suspension....?

Car got a few things from the nismo brochure it turns out - S-Tune filter, S-tune suspension, nismo clutch and nismo badging.

• 3 weeks later...

just finished reading through all 25 pages and man do i have a headache :D

now forgive me for being such a n00b but there hasnt been much talk on

an actual set of coilovers for the stagea....anyone have any ideas?

i dont actually have my stagea yet, she's still on her way over from japan,

so obviously i havent had a chance to look under her yet. But basically i like

my cars low, not ridiculously low but possibly more than your average user.

Is this attainable on the stagea's? Because from what i read it doesnt appear

as simple as some other cars might be. Oh my stagea is a S2 99 RS Four S,

and i know the restriction to do with the exhaust but any other major issues

apart from that? Also i had tein superstreet coilovers in my last car (13b s13)

and i didnt find them uncomfortable at all, and they were adjusted fairly stiff.

So back on point anyone know of or using coilovers in their stagea? Was

wondering on those G4's from just jap as i heard they are quite adjustable....

Tein make 3 different setups that I know of for the stagea. I was looking to go down this path but so many people have recomended SK's kit that I decided to go with that. Would rather go with something thats been tried and tested here on Australian roads. You've got to remember that the Stagea is no 1400Kgish S13 either. And although you could technically buy a mixed set of coilovers (GTR front and GTST rear) from any brand like has been said in this thread many times the front will be ok more than likley but the valving and spring rates for the rear will not.

If the only thing your looking to do is get your car as low as you can go if you order the kit off SK you can get even more circlip grooves machined in but you'll sacrafice handling. One other forum member had this done if you read back in the first couple of pages of the Suspension Group Buy Thread.

And as for the G4 coilovers from Justjap I don't think they do anything stagea specific. Look at nengun.com and you'll find a few sets for the stagea.

I think its going to be a harsh ride 10k font 8k rear, but I'm no suspesion expert either. Others here would be better qualified but I also know what they're going to say :blink: You should read what others have said about running jap spec coil overs on stageas here in Aus. Some ended up swapping them out for something else. If your set on coilovers I'd look at some of the Tein Wagon series, they have lower rates which would be better for street use I think.

Also while I'm at it. When all my parts get here I'm doing a complete brake overhaul on my series 1. The only thing I haven't sorted out is the brake shoes for the hand brake setup. Does anyone know the part numbers, availability and how easy they are to do. Never done them before?

just finished reading through all 25 pages and man do i have a headache :thumbsup:

now forgive me for being such a n00b but there hasnt been much talk on

an actual set of coilovers for the stagea....anyone have any ideas?

i dont actually have my stagea yet, she's still on her way over from japan,

so obviously i havent had a chance to look under her yet. But basically i like

my cars low, not ridiculously low but possibly more than your average user.

Is this attainable on the stagea's? Because from what i read it doesnt appear

as simple as some other cars might be. Oh my stagea is a S2 99 RS Four S,

and i know the restriction to do with the exhaust but any other major issues

apart from that? Also i had tein superstreet coilovers in my last car (13b s13)

and i didnt find them uncomfortable at all, and they were adjusted fairly stiff.

So back on point anyone know of or using coilovers in their stagea? Was

wondering on those G4's from just jap as i heard they are quite adjustable....

Welcome to the Stagea section, Alex! I see you got your name change request done... :(

Anyway, onto your question, about a month before I came and met up with you, I had the Sydneykid kit installed onto my car, and I love it! It's not adjustable for damping, but the ride height can be changed with the circlip grooves as Josh has mentioned. The valve rates have been set up by Sydneykid to suit our roads, and although it is a bit bumpier than the standard set-up, it's by no means harsh compared to what the rates on those Teins would probably be like. If you do want to go with a set of Teins, most people here would probably recommend the Super Streets.

*Also, when you do order your suspension (whichever way you decide to go), then make sure you specify that yours is the factory manual, as the rear suspension sub-frame is different to the auto models.* I believe, from memory, that the RS Four S has an R33 GT-R sub-frame rather than the R33 GTSt one.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

Most helpful as usual. What do you think of Buddy Club vs Tein? Can i use those whiteline swaybars as well? Like i said i'm a total n00b

when it comes to these things, prior to my Silvia i'd only had Gemini's and the like, and they were lowered courtesy of Angle Grinder

Performance hahaha! Also another question relating to wheels/suspension, the wheels im looking to get are 19's, and come in either

19x8 or 19x9.5. Would either of these have issues fitting with the suspension? And as long as the total outer diameter is the same, can

i put on 19x8 at the front and 19x9.5 on the back, or does this cause issues with the AWD regardless? Sorry if these are silly questions

but if you dont ask you dont know!

Alex