SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Anyone got a part number for lowered rear springs for an auto s1?

Whiteline or kings?

Cheers

Rodney

the numbers I had were:

83159 Front springs

70191 Rear Springs

all whiteline part numbers and ordered through SK

• 2 weeks later...

does the suspension from a 260 fit onto a s2 manual stagea?

need to swap out coilovers for pits, and if i can borrow from a guy in perth and just need to make sure it fits,

i tried to read all of this thread but its full of a lot of bullshit......

does the suspension from a 260 fit onto a s2 manual stagea?

need to swap out coilovers for pits, and if i can borrow from a guy in perth and just need to make sure it fits,

i tried to read all of this thread but its full of a lot of bullshit......

Yes it will fit

Well after a week I have had a shatter (Axle Tramp)over the front left hand on power and only happen once now and than now So I had a mate look over the car and test drive the car a for a few days and say I maybe up for new front bushes.

I going to get another wheel alignment check done to the car again tomorrow from a different company as it was only done less than 2k ago just to iron out that it not toe or some thing like that's an easy fix and put it on the Peds suspension check

Well after searching for hours I cant see if for sure that the Front and Rear bushes for a S2 are the same off a R33 ?

If they are dose any know where I cant get some ASAP within Sydney as I have notice from SK and other have posted white line has part and Adj rod bush but would like to get my hand on a full front and rear bushes kit as I may as well do the full car.

Nope, fronts are supposed to be 83159, rears are corect at 70191. I am working through fixing all the listings at the moment.

If you have 83139 please PM me and I will arrange for a swap.

:blink: cheers :D

so are these a standard hieght spring or a lowered one? can anyone confirm?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a rs260 stagea with teins in it and need to get standard stuff in it to pass over pits as well.

You sure that series 1 manual fits?

I've read some of the forums and know that r33 gtr fits the front but not rear.

How close to standard will that make it?

What will fit the rear. I only want it in for a week at most then put my old suspension back in.

If anyone has any they want to sell let me know.

Thanks

Nick

[email protected] or 0408 513 746

I have a rs260 stagea with teins in it and need to get standard stuff in it to pass over pits as well.

You sure that series 1 manual fits?

I've read some of the forums and know that r33 gtr fits the front but not rear.

How close to standard will that make it?

What will fit the rear. I only want it in for a week at most then put my old suspension back in.

If anyone has any they want to sell let me know.

Thanks

Nick

[email protected] or 0408 513 746

33 gtr will fit yours - its the auto's that need gtst rear struts

the valving is different so it'll handle averagely but will get you over the pits

also, manuals only came as s2's (except for the 260rs's)

manual s2 shocks will also fit

so will the r33 gtr fit the rear or what? I've got some r33 gtr front lined up but need to complete it with rear?

yes the gtr rear will fit the back of a 260rs

but it won't handle propperly

R33 GTR shocks will be fine you prob won't notice the difference, you may find an issue bolting them in though as the strut tops on r33 gtr rear shocks are wider than on stageas. you might need to find some different strut tops.

FYI I have custom modified R33 GTR Greddy Type S coilovers in my Stagea Type S and I had custom fabricated rear strut tops as the GTR ones would not fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't read through all 41 pages of this rich thread but just wondering if anyone with a S2 manual is using S15 knuckles?

The ER34 we used in Formula Drift was using M34 front tubs (direct replacement on the ER34) custom length S15 coilovers and S15 knuckles, etc.

sa2.jpg

Had a chance yesterday to put the Stagea up on the hoist for half an hour and have a look around. I will post up some pictures on Monday, I left the camera in the workshop. Some things I noticed;

The front shocks look to be the same as R33 GTR, as is the rest of the front suspension

The rear shocks look to be the same as R33 GTST (eye at the bottom)

No HICAS, yahooooo

The front stabiliser bar is 22 mm hollow, like an R33 GTR.

I am fitting a 24 mm Whiteline adjustable bar (Part #BNF27XZ)

The rear bar is 19 mm and solid, like an R33 GTS

I am fitting a 22 mm Whiteline adjustable bar (Part #BNR11XZ)

The front caster bushes are the same as R33 GTR, it definitely needs mores caster (it was getting the front end wanders at 170 kph)

I am fitting some Whiteline adjustable polyurethane bushes and adding about 2 degrees positive caster (part # KCA332).

Ours sits a little rear down (maybe carried stuff in the back a lot)

Has around 2 degrees negative camber, which is more than the standard adjusters can remove

So I am fitting some adjustable Whiteline bushes in the rear upper arms (Part #KCA347).

The front looks OK for camber, should have a little negative when I lower it.

I didn't remove the shocks to check the spring rates, I will do that when I remove them to swap to the Bilsteins. The front springs look to be a similar rate to R33GTR, the rears are different though. I will machine a couple of extra circlip grooves into the Bilsteins so I can lower it just enough.

Hope that is of some help :type:

No HICAS, yahooooo ? Hi-cas was the nuts on my 32 ! WOULD LOVE IT ON MY sTAGEA c34 , even faster cornering , if you have the C34 Jap Stag then the front wheel track is 1"narrower than the rear , my understeer even on 12" rims was horrible , 2 inch apacers to the front cured it !!

No HICAS, yahooooo ? Hi-cas was the nuts on my 32 ! WOULD LOVE IT ON MY sTAGEA c34 , even faster cornering , if you have the C34 Jap Stag then the front wheel track is 1"narrower than the rear , my understeer even on 12" rims was horrible , 2 inch apacers to the front cured it !!
Massive increase in rear sway bar to 24mm solid helps! Also have 20mm spacers (maximium legal in NZ) on front.

Has anybody bought Bilstien shocks or similar to suit their S2 Stagea recently? Needing a full set for ours!!

Hi I got Bilsteins with Eibach lowered springs for both the front & back for my Stagea a while ago from Japan (import monster).

The front part numbers are;

Front Bilstein shocks 1199 BE52590HO

Front Eibach springs 6345001

Haven't got the rear numbers handy.

I found that I had to cut the bump stops approximately in half to prevent the front shocks from bottoming out due to limited travel with the shorter springs. The springs are about 2 inches (50mm) lowered. All good now, drives much better.

I haven't fitted the back shocks and springs yet.

Had a chance yesterday to put the Stagea up on the hoist for half an hour and have a look around. I will post up some pictures on Monday, I left the camera in the workshop. Some things I noticed;

The front shocks look to be the same as R33 GTR, as is the rest of the front suspension

The rear shocks look to be the same as R33 GTST (eye at the bottom)

No HICAS, yahooooo

The front stabiliser bar is 22 mm hollow, like an R33 GTR.

I am fitting a 24 mm Whiteline adjustable bar (Part #BNF27XZ)

The rear bar is 19 mm and solid, like an R33 GTS

I am fitting a 22 mm Whiteline adjustable bar (Part #BNR11XZ)

The front caster bushes are the same as R33 GTR, it definitely needs mores caster (it was getting the front end wanders at 170 kph)

I am fitting some Whiteline adjustable polyurethane bushes and adding about 2 degrees positive caster (part # KCA332).

Ours sits a little rear down (maybe carried stuff in the back a lot)

Has around 2 degrees negative camber, which is more than the standard adjusters can remove

So I am fitting some adjustable Whiteline bushes in the rear upper arms (Part #KCA347).

The front looks OK for camber, should have a little negative when I lower it.

You might consider coil overs front and rear - I bought a set of BC coil overs from Just Jap for my manual S2 RSFour S and have found them to be excellent on the road and brilliant on the track. Obviously they are height adjustable and have 30 settings from soft to firm. They're dead easy to fit and cost less than half what you'd pay for HKS.

I didn't remove the shocks to check the spring rates, I will do that when I remove them to swap to the Bilsteins. The front springs look to be a similar rate to R33GTR, the rears are different though. I will machine a couple of extra circlip grooves into the Bilsteins so I can lower it just enough.

Hope that is of some help :type: