SAU Community

(((((( Waight Reduction ))))))

GTR4ever

HI guys :D

i've been looking for this thread, but it seems that it doesnt even exsist!

all car forumes has one -if not a few- threads about it, so i thought we should give it a go..

please every one chip in.. starting with the FREE waight reduction...

keep in mind that most of us aren't welling to go extreme (like ditching the AC, stereo,..etc) so keep it streetable! :burnout:

there's not a whole lot u can do for free unless u want to take seats and trims out, get a bar to lock out the hicas, saves aboutr 20kgs i think

if u wanted to go crazy then u could go cutting things, but then it wouldn't be street legal anymore

there is an old thread with the weight of most of the components for an r33.. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=28670

realistically though you may save 100-150kg.. but it would make the car very primitive for day to day driving... and most of the time you can upgrade the power to overcome the weight (again been discussed in other threads)

i ripped out most of the interior of my old shitter r31 a few weeks ago, but the noise levels were too annoying and it didn't feel any noticeable quicker so i put it all back in :)

if you want to spend $1000's saving 20-30kg here, another 10kg there on CF, go for it.. I'd rather spend the money on upping the power and/or handling and keeping a nice car, than worrying about it too much unless it was an exclusive or 90% track car.

there's not a whole lot u can do for free unless u want to take seats and trims out, get a bar to lock out the hicas, saves aboutr 20kgs i think

if u wanted to go crazy then u could go cutting things, but then it wouldn't be street legal anymore

is there a step by step guide on removing hicas ??

also, my heater is desconnected..

-since am going to need it when hell freezes over!:)-

so should i go ahead and remove the whole darn thing?? is it easy? and how much waight do you think it is...

what about the engine bay?? nothing to get rid off over there??

more like yes than no, just search cos i dunno, poly pretty easy just unbolt, bolt in immovable replacement, not exactly sure where to get them, but performance shops bound to have them, or if u have a welder just weld 2 plates to a rod

how do u mean the heater iis disconnected? isn't it all one system?

u could take the reinforcements off the front and rear bars, but wouldn't recommend as would minimise crash zone, don't think theres much in the engine bay, but i agree with predator, power is so easy in skylines y not just buy go fast bits

replace non critical bolts and nuts with alloy or alluminium one's. Any bolts which protrude from the nut can be cut down. remove the tar from under the floor pan (may induce rust)...

Brackets like the one that holds the Fuel Vapor canaster can be modified. there over kill. Look around under the bonnet see what else can be cut down..

Ummm use helium in your tyres :)

relocate the battery to the boot so theres more weight over rear wheels. your not losing the weight but at lest it's more useful their. prob no point in a gtr being 4wd.

And no point in a R33 or R34 because the battery is already in the boot. Yes, Japanese cars are always superior :)

but then it wouldn't be street legal anymore

lol! Like any of our cars are street legal by the RTA's rules anyway!!! hahah Seriously, it would probably only have to be about 3% of users on this site which have a skyline which would pretty much have to be stock in Every way to be legal by the RTA's modding rules.