SAU Community

(((((( Waight Reduction ))))))

GTR4ever

After I have lightened all the round and round things (flywheel, road wheels, steering wheel, tailshaft, brake rotors, pulleys) I do the up and down things (pistons, conrods, shock absorbers, springs, stabiliser bars, brake callipers, brake lines etc).

And no point in a R33 or R34 because the battery is already in the boot. Yes, Japanese cars are always superior :)

wow that is good. there's always been one area were a holden commodore is superior, gas struts to hold the bonet up, were nissain still use the old metal rod trick.lol

(thats all i got on ya lol)

take a dump b4 u race, 500 grams saved there, and empty your windscreen washer bottle, theres 4kg

Oww if we're coming up with brilliant idea's like this from Fresh :) , Why not drive around Naked. You'd probably save 2kg there from clothes & shoes. & Whats the deal with having a heavy steering wheel, remove that and just lean into your seat to steer as if you were riding a bike.

not sure if this has been posted about before or not, cos i just glanced at all those posts. if you REALLY want to strip some weight down, remove the carpets and sound deadening, there's like 30kg to be saved there. I don't see why you would want to reduce weight that drastically if it isn't going to be used on the track, but still, having a light car would be nice.

Also, lexan (?) side windows, carbon-kevlar seats, CF dash, CF bonnet, CF boot, try and replace as much as you can with CF or carbon-kevlar. Also, a titanium exhaust reduces weight quite allot. I think it weighs something like a third of the weight of a normal stainless steel exhaust, and there are a few places you can get full titanium exhausts around in oz. But all this does depend on how much money you have to tinker with. Also, look at what is essential when it comes to electronics. If it's not needed, or you can do without, boot it out. All those wiring looms and what not can get rather heavy. Give the rear seats a boot too, unless you're planning on using that ( :) ) :sperm:

Also, look at getting yourself a set of Rays Volk range of rims. Pretty much all of those rims are forged.

Oww if we're coming up with brilliant idea's like this from Fresh :) , Why not drive around Naked.  You'd probably save 2kg there from clothes & shoes.  & Whats the deal with having a heavy steering wheel, remove that and just lean into your seat to steer as if you were riding a bike.

lol...i dont think many of us would like to see skyline driven a naked dude with no air conditioning (or heating for that matter). although helium in the tyres doesnt seem like a stupid idea...:D but isnt hydrogen even lighter?? :D(besides the fact that it is flammable when exposed to a naked flame and oxygen...

ACtually i have a funny story about driving aroud naked.

This was prob about 6 months back, I was driving back from a movie in town with 3 other mates in the car. 1 in passenger, 2 in the back. They started giggling at nothing, i was like "what are you laughing at" they kept on stupidly giggling... i finally looked around & both of them had taken their clothes of & covering their privates with their hands naked in the back. I laughed & said put your clothes on you bloody dickheads but they didnt, so there was some lights coming up, they went red & we stoped. Now all i can think of "owww no, some bloody car is going to rock up next to us & look in to my car @ some bloody naked fools in the back. So ofcourse a car in coming up from the rear vision mirror, This really high 4WD landcrusier with a FAMILY packed inside with the kids in the back and the mother on the passenger side take a glance down into my car. The face she pulled was one of the funniest f***ing reactions i've ever seen. She immediately got her little children in the back to turn around.

Anyway we took off from the lights & the Fourby was trying to get away so the kids couldnt look down but i deliberately kept on par with them just to see more reactions from the faces out of this car, it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. :)

SPHYNX[x'] Give the rear seats a boot too, unless you're planning on using that ( :) )  :sperm:  

Also, look at getting yourself a set of Rays Volk range of rims. Pretty much all of those rims are forged.

Take note... GTR ten commandments rule #7 (cant't recall where I found this... I think it was SDU)

1.I am the Nissan Skyline GTR thy car who has delivered thee out of the hands of the infernal Subaru WRX. Thou shalt have no other cars before me.

2.Thou shalt not make for thyself any graven images of Toyota Supras, nor of Mazda RX-7’s, nor of Mitsubishi EVOs, nor of anything that is a sports coupe. Thou shall not bow down to them or serve them, for the GTR is a jealous and vengeful car.

3.Thou shalt not take the name of Nissan in vain, even though they forsake thee and send thee no parts.

4.Remember thy oil change, and keep them faithfully. 5,000 Kilometres shalt thou drive and do all thy errands, but then shalt thy Nissan Skyline GTR have rest and have its oil changed.

5.Honor thy socket set and thy Phillips screwdriver, that thy GTRs days may be long in the land of the living.

6.Thou shalt not kill GTRs by diving them in the salt or in sand.

7.Thou shalt not commit adultery in the back seat, lest thou hurt thyself, for it is far too cramped back there. And remember ye the benefits of reclining bucket seats.

8.Thou shalt not steal engines from others for use in GTRs, for this is an abomination, and all knoweth that thy RB26DETT rules above all.

9.Thou shalt not bear false witness about thy horsepower.

10. Thou shalt no covet thy neighbours Porsche, nor his Ferrari, nor his Lamborghini, nor his bmw, nor his Mercedes, nor any other any Nissan that is thy neighbours. Thou shalt fix up thine own instead, give it gifts from thy tuners, and make thy neighbour covet it instead.

lol! Like any of our cars are street legal by the RTA's rules anyway!!! hahah Seriously, it would probably only have to be about 3% of users on this site which have a skyline which would pretty much have to be stock in Every way to be legal by the RTA's modding rules.

true, but he said keep it streetable, and u don't want ur car falling to bits in an acco

ACtually i have a funny story about driving aroud naked.

This was prob about 6 months back, I was driving back from a movie in town with 3 other mates in the car.  1 in passenger, 2 in the back.  They started giggling at nothing, i was like "what are you laughing at" they kept on stupidly giggling... i finally looked around & both of them had taken their clothes of & covering their privates with their hands naked in the back.  I laughed & said put your clothes on you bloody dickheads but they didnt, so there was some lights coming up, they went red & we stoped.  Now all i can think of "owww no, some bloody car is going to rock up next to us & look in to my car @ some bloody naked fools in the back.  So ofcourse a car in coming up from the rear vision mirror, This really high 4WD landcrusier with a FAMILY packed inside with the kids in the back and the mother on the passenger side take a glance down into my car. The face she pulled was one of the funniest f***ing reactions i've ever seen.  She immediately got her little children in the back to turn around.  

Anyway we took off from the lights & the Fourby was trying to get away so the kids couldnt look down but i deliberately kept on par with them just to see more reactions from the faces out of this car, it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. :P

for the love of god please tell me they were chicks... coz if 2 guys got naked in my car i would kick them out and make them walk home naked

• 7 months later...
wow that is good. there's always been one area were a holden commodore is superior, gas struts to hold the bonet up, were nissain still use the old metal rod trick.lol

(thats all i got on ya lol)

Ahh but that is where you are wrong! My cefiro has gas struts to hold the bonnet up :D

• 4 weeks later...

there is an old thread about this, and also a thread on skylinesdownunder about it. Start by spelling weight right ie.. not waight and your search button should show some info....

I have the weights of nearly every removable part writen down somewhere as I have totally stripped my car. Theres no point to alot of stuff like the heater and ac under the dash is suprisingly light but the dash pad is quite heavy.... Wheels and suspension related stuff is where you will have the biggest gains!!!