SAU Community

BOV!!!! whats the loudest?

GOR33

hey peoples,

ive done a search and have found a bit of discussion on the topic of bovs, but which on the market do you think is the loudest????

ive heard blitz is??? then again ive heard turbosmart flows the most? wats the go

i have a turbosmart supersonic, and its loud, but im getting too used to the sound, and am considering a hks ssqv., simply for a different sound.

let me know what your opinion is on the loudest you have heard, and any other stuff you know about bovs in general:)

also, i like the flutter sound that everyone goes on about, but have hearded it will cuase shaft play, but thats same sound is made in the pod sometimes???

any input would be great!!!

haha i cant stand it either..But in saying that i once was the guy who did that haha....

The best one to date that i have heard Has got to be the

Blitz BOV...The thing is to open up the BOV and take out the mesh that is in there Im telling you it will be so so much louder than it was with the mesh....Also adjust the screw etc...

hope this helps...

Loudest I've heard is the one that came with my car -> TurboXs RFL bov, Really F#cken Loud, thats what its called and damn you can hear the thing from miles away (no defects yet :P) Its luder than my mates blitz ssq item.

Before i bought my car the guy took me for a ride... he changed gears at lower revs *prob about 3000 rpm* and the car made this weird ass fluttering noise "What the hell was that" i said. It's the BOV. I have a Blitz BOV and at lower Psi it flutters the exiting air, at higher boost *10 psi plus* it makes these dirty big SSSSSPWWWSSHHHH blow off noises lol. It might flutter about 3 times @ low boost, & one huge one at higher boost. Sounds really cool when the outside temperature is really cold too, one big blow off might go for like 2 seconds. Man, do i have some stories of scaring people with it, lol its just too tempting sometimes with people on the sidewalk about 2 meters away!! hheehe But i do have morals! I wont do it to old people, because i'd fear they'd have a heart attack & fall over & die.

Yeah, the car is making boost at lower rpm and the spring on the bov is to tight so the air gets chopped back through the compressor making that noise through the pod, as soon as he runs higher boost or goes deeper in the rev range he makes alot more psi so the bov then works likes it supposed to. :P

the car is making boost at lower rpm and the spring on the bov is to tight so the air gets chopped back through the compressor making that noise through the pod

Yeh???? through the pod?... ummmmmmmm is that bad to be going back through the compressor... sounds weird to me, i spose its only low boost anyway. I was just thinkin why it makes that noise the other day too... I was thinking... How is it at such low boost there is enough pressure to open the BOV spring up to make that noise....

Sounds sweet anyway.... lol

Yeh???? through the pod?... ummmmmmmm is that bad to be going back through the compressor... sounds weird to me, i spose its only low boost anyway.  I was just thinkin why it makes that noise the other day too... I was thinking... How is it at such low boost there is enough pressure to open the BOV spring up to make that noise....

Sounds sweet anyway.... lol

not the best, there have been numerous threads about this noise with many differing opinions about both whether its air going back through the turbo and whether its good or not. IMHO it cant be good for the turbo and regardless of the fact it might sound good i wouldnt be trying to do it all the time.

When the boost isnt high enough to open the bov spring it goes back through the compressor, it'll only happen at very low low boost or if you tighen the shit out of your bov spring, at such low boost it isnt bad, but once you start using higher boost and it does that (like when not using a bov at all) its bad over time and will eventually wreck the compressor baldes. Example; say the bov opens at 2 psi or above to let out anything over 2psi worth of boost, when it's done letting of that boost, anything under 2 psi has to go somewhere when the trottle is closed, so i travels back through the compressor making that sound. :P

thats gota be sum sort of achievment if i have stared the WORST thread ever in the history of sau forums. :rofl:

as much as alot of us would hate to admit it, the best thing about owning a skyline is the PPPPSSSSHHHHHH factor, yes i know many hate it, dont give a crap about the sound and think its totally wankey, but hey, i think u guys are the minority, ahhh well, each to their own i suppose

thanks blitz, let me know wen i get my trophie.................joking bro:)

thats gota be sum sort of achievment if i have stared the WORST thread ever in the history of sau forums. :(

as much as alot of us would hate to admit it, the best thing about owning a skyline is the  PPPPSSSSHHHHHH factor, yes i know many hate it, dont give a crap about the sound and think its totally wankey, but hey, i think u guys are the minority, ahhh well, each to their own i suppose

thanks blitz, let me know wen i get my trophie.................joking bro:)

Its in the post :rofl:

nah its not even like that, you cant catch fish without bait, so why drive a turbo car without the pppssshhhh!!!

i know this argument about the wank factor could go on forever, so lets just call it even ok:)

i wanted to know which was the loudest so i DONT get it........haha, mine is pretty loud, geez u have to admit that its pretty funny wen u boost up next to sum nice little old lady on the footpath next to you, ya no, wen the big PPPSSSSHHH suddenly cums out of no where and they quikly jump around scared shitless cuase they think their in nam again.......haha

oh geez its all in good fun

any way back on the intention of this thread......people think blitz is the loudest? i have heard they leak boost, is this true?

and what about the turbosmart megasonic with the 2 trumpets, man that would have to be loud

well, I'd prefer the nice, loud whirring whistling noise coming from my engine bay, while my turbo is collecting boost.

The Plumb back BOV still makes a whoosh, but not a high pitched bullshit one. Its a nice deep thunder, but not that loud. I get the most head turns when its sucking its ass off.