SAU Community

BOV!!!! whats the loudest?

GOR33

Com'on... Whats wrong with a bit of PSSSSSSHHHHHH... It's a sound i thought you might get sick of when you actually own a turbo car, but it doesnt!  

psshhh, pssshhh, PSSSSSHH!!!!!!!

Yeh.... yeh... get that up ya! :rofl::wassup:

It was good, maybe 3 years ago, now its just :bonk:

nah its not even like that, you cant catch fish without bait, so why drive a turbo car without the pppssshhhh!!!

Correct.

Go get a defect up-ya, then post saying 'got defected for no reason blah blah... officer was a (unt... I mean what is wrong with my Super-Mega-High-Velocity-Schnizz-Wow-Bang-Pop-Siiikkkkk-Valve'??

My apologies. Couldn't help it.

Loudest I've heard is the one that came with my car -> TurboXs RFL bov, Really F#cken Loud, thats what its called and damn you can hear the thing from miles away (no defects yet :P) Its luder than my mates blitz ssq item.

is that the one with the purple bit on it that twists off when u pul the bov apart? if so i was gunna say the same, i ahd on on my vl turbo when i bought it and it was bullshit loud.

oh geez whats goin on in hear, wat have i started, hahahahahaha:)

as for the defect thing, just this saturday night, i was pulled up in the busiest part of surfers, gold coast, by an unmarked cop car who said he had pulled me over for a random defect check, he rambled on with that much car jargon about my car that i thought i wa gone for sure, but when he popped the hood, and saw my huge wank device, all he said was, " turbosmart hey, geez shes quit big" he then looked at my pod and various other defectable parts, then rubbed his hands together over my engine and said, " thats nice and warm, oh well everything seems ok here mate" then shut the hood.

i could have easily gotten 10 defects, but i was nice to them, agreed with all they said, and they let me go free of defects!!!

this just prooves that each cop is different, and it helps when you leave your EGO at home, maybe some people in this forum should try adjusting the size of their ego and maybe ignoring the thread when they see that its about LOUD BOVs !!!!

its not hard peoples, i didnt ask for people to cum in here and call the bov enthuiesiats wankers........... its all good boys, its all good:)

BWCP is so full of people who go flying up a row just so the BOV can go halfway up to get everyones attention.

Wang0rs.

Keep what you got and spend the money on something that will help you fish. Big turbo? Computer? Plenum? Cooler? Adjustable coil overs? Cant catch fish without bait, but why bother fishing if you aint got the equipment?

Nice story GOR33, i've only ever been pulled over once for RBT, which i was fine for, & one cop nearly defected me for low tyre tread & exhaust but i was nice & kept it real with the cop who was breath testing me & i drove off fine. Didnt even ask to pop my hood :D

oh andrew trust you to rip me off:) yeh but how many skylines do u see doin that in broadi, its more the little riced up shitboxes that look like they are neally falling apart.

and there more bogans in commodores doing silly crap there anyway.

i understand wat ya saying with the fishing analogy, its like why fish for little fish, go for the big ones or sumthing, lets just say im happy to just sit bak with a beer and enjoy the fact that im fishing, and i dont car about getting that big fish???? can u translate that, i dont really no wat i mean hey,hahahahahahaha

BOV :whackit:

is that the one with the purple bit on it that twists off when u pul the bov apart? if so i was gunna say the same, i ahd on on my vl turbo when i bought it and it was bullshit loud.

Yep thats the one, loudest I've heard ever out of any bov, louder than blitz / hks / turbosmart / gfb, really f**ken loud. :D :D :)

Ive got the gfb type one, its pretty loud....but after install the bov my car started farting more from the exhaust and stalls some times which gives me the shits hard. might get a plumbed back one and it should fix my problems

but yeh its pretty loud....i love the sizzle build up of boost from the turbo tho!

and stalls some times which gives me the shits hard

Yeh I wasnt used to compression stall when i got my skyline, i didnt even know what was causing it, thought i might had bought a dud :s . Anyway you'll end up changing your driving style with the throttle & after a few months you wont even think about it. I never stall it anymore just because i understand how compression stall works & simply always having the throttle open atleast a tad after venting through the BOV. Give it a try, you'll adapt.