SAU Community

Ps2 modchips anyplace in perth...?

Kaido_RR

I wouldnt be too worried about naming names as the Mod Stop is listed in the phone directory, have a legitimate shop with very obvious signage and all they do is mod playstations.... I would guess they rely largely on word of mouth and having a good reputation.... If they were worried about breaking the law they wouldnt have a shop on a main road??? :)

just so u all now, my uncle OWNS MODS PLUS and he can do raptor plus or n e other type of mod chip or ntsc conversion for the lowest price in perth. they do everyhting there. its worth goin down to have a look. not sure where its located, but should be in phone book

Scuba Steve :run:

ok heres the deal:

Buy yourself a ps2 network adaptor soon (rumors going around that sony has stop producing them)

download some software called ps2 hd handiness (i current can only get ps2 V0.5, tring to find V0.6 this is the software that allows you to copy ps2 games to the hd through the pc and then u can play them on the ps2)

Next buy HD-loader or HD-Loader Advance ($60 for advance getting this cod to me sometime next week)

Buy a Hard-drive still tring to find some info on the hd which work with the ps2

Just got mine mod'ed last week with a DUO 2. Cost $90 by a guy on Scarb Rd next to the Ampol station (Opposite Innaloo shopping centre).

Just wondering if you do decide to go with the SWAP card, make sure that you don't have TOC problem. I had one of those old swap mod, that caused me a lot of grief. The DUO2 can do basically everything, DVD-R, DVD5, DVD9 silver, CDR, Region free DVD etc ... Also can run Media player as well.

Downloading games !! Are you crazy :( !?? Are they DVD5 or CDR size ?? I can't see you download DVD5 too often ;) ..

Lets face it how many of us download DVD games!!?? I think at 56K it'll take me serveral years for one game :) .. Might as well, just rent it out and burn it on DVD-R. I can get 20 DVD-R for $11, that's 55cents per DVD-R. Much cheaper than storing it on HDD.

Downloading games !! Are you crazy :( !?? Are they DVD5 or CDR size ?? I can't see you download DVD5 too often  ;) ..  

Lets face it how many of us download DVD games!!?? I think at 56K it'll take me serveral years for one game :) .. Might as well, just rent it out and burn it on DVD-R. I can get 20 DVD-R for $11, that's 55cents per DVD-R. Much cheaper than storing it on HDD.

:werd:

With ADSL you can download a PS2 game over night